Durable vanes

Bump79

WKR
Easton Diamond 280 vanes have been by far the best for me. Durability in vanes is about adhesion and recovery. The Diamond vanes are incredible for that.

They are a completely different material than other vanes. I would describe them as more rubbery than a traditional plastic vane. Which gets wavy or bent and doesn't come back to shape. I had the lowest hopes for these before I shot them but I found them to be the quietest and more durable

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve found the standard Flex Fletch vanes to be really durable and retain their shape. The silent knight series and extreme series are more stiff and seem to hold wrinkles a bit more. Blazers are also very durable, but the FFP-300s and FFP-360s are significantly more quiet.

Vanetec HD and Easton Bully. Blazers on steroids. Quieter, stiffer and more durable. They are the same stiffness and shape as eachother, but the Bully has a bit wider glue channel. I havent had adhesion problems with either. Ive used every 3 and 4 fletch vane known to man and I always end up back with the blazer shape in 3 fletch - and those 2 options perfect the blazer shape imo. The heat vane is also pretty durable, but youd need those in 4 fletch to steer a fixed head.

TX_Diver

WKR
I've only used the AAE Max (stealth & hunters), trad vanes, Vantec Swifts, and blazers.

The AAE max vanes have been the most durable for me so far by a longshot.

Bump79

WKR
I've only used the AAE Max (stealth & hunters), trad vanes, Vantec Swifts, and blazers.

The AAE max vanes have been the most durable for me so far by a longshot.
I personally found the Max Vanes to tear easier than others and have more memory. To each their own though right?

OP
Button

Button

WKR
I ask because I went from blazers to hybrid 26’s. I’ve ripped/shot holes in at least one arrow every other practice session. Trying out max stealths now. I’ll look into the vanes suggested.

I ask because I went from blazers to hybrid 26’s. I’ve ripped/shot holes in at least one arrow every other practice session. Trying out max stealths now. I’ll look into the vanes suggested.

I have had mixed results with AAE max (stealth, pro max and max hunter) but the Hybrid 26 is the least durable vane Ive ever shot. Whatever is 2nd, is a distant 2nd.

Vanetec HD after passing through a 300lb+ boar earlier today, ready to shoot again.

Attachments

• F05EE6BC-8174-4104-AAE1-38F4B02522B5.jpeg
    F05EE6BC-8174-4104-AAE1-38F4B02522B5.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Coop12

FNG
Q2i vanes are what I’ve found to be the most simple/durable vanes. They don’t require any special primer pens. However with any arrow components, ensure the surfaces are clean and use fresh glue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either shooting better with the 26 or it’s because there is more vane to hit. They will never lay over on you like a blazer. Set them too close to something and they start to curl.

Yooper

WKR
Look at what field points you're using, too. I found when I went to a more blunt profile that I quit piercing so many vanes.