Durston X-Mid Tents

j33

WKR
Has anyone used one in a decent snow storm? I understand it will never be a 4 season tent, but I’m curious what it is really capable of. This video is the only one I’ve been able to find that has some snow. Skip to ~13:00 for the snow fall.

Search Justin Outdoors on YouTube to see his winter test, he had a video on some winter camping and using it.

Durston lives in Golden BC Canada, that’s some pretty harsh terrain. I’ve spent a lot of time in that area and if a tent can work there it will be durable.

j33

WKR
I sold my 1P last year as was too short and wanted to pick up a 2P, but dammit this thing sold out as fast as I could put my info in

Ram94

WKR
Unreal. I was also unsuccessful. 5000 tents sold out in 2 minutes.

kad11

WKR
Durston released a batch of xmid 1P (Ver. 2) and 2P tents for pre-order this morning. Sold out in less than 3 mins.. Was able to get a 1P. They are doing another round of pre-orders this Thursday @ 10am EST.
Thursday was just as bad - I struck out both days

I bought mine at 7:00:01 and there was already a que to buy one. How people can be a que to buy one faster than that, I do not know or understand. But I was lucky to get one this year and hope it truly is as good as everybody says. If so, I'll be selling quite a few other tents here in the near future...

Ram94

WKR
Numbers were not released.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
I had read on another forum that the first batch was 2500 and the second batch had twice as many. Could be complete BS, but really not worth arguing over. Take care

ajbailey21

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone wants a first gen 1P, I have one I’ll let go. I was one of the lucky ones that got the second gen last week.

Mine only has 2 or 3 nights out in field. It’s like new.

Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read1t48

WKR
@dandurston ... what are the chances of Rokslide members submitting an order for the x-mids? Some of us missed out on the recent sale. I’d love to have one before the start of archery elk in September.

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
@dandurston ... what are the chances of Rokslide members submitting an order for the x-mids? Some of us missed out on the recent sale. I’d love to have one before the start of archery elk in September.
4 season solid inner ones coming in the summer, then more xmid 2
If you got the funds - dcf singlewall release is Monday. $639.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Durston released a batch of xmid 1P (Ver. 2) and 2P tents for pre-order this morning. Sold out in less than 3 mins.. Was able to get a 1P. They are doing another round of pre-orders this Thursday @ 10am EST.
I snagged a 1P in the second pre-order. Interested to see how fast the DCF pro sells out tomorrow.

Everyone who is trying to buy this sold out tent - check out the I Need An XMid group on Facebook they sell a lot of used ones there....

CWalker

FNG
Has anyone ever ran just the xmid fly and rigged a stove in it? Maybe using the Kuiu stove jack or something like it?

Seems like a way to make this versatile tent even more so.

ajbailey21

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone ever ran just the xmid fly and rigged a stove in it? Maybe using the Kuiu stove jack or something like it?

Seems like a way to make this versatile tent even more so.

I’ve asked similar questions to this. Dan tried it with a sewn in. See this thread below. I’ve had that Kuiu stove jack in a refuge and it’s junk.

Durston X Mid Stove Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWalker

FNG
I’ve asked similar questions to this. Dan tried it with a sewn in. See this thread below. I’ve had that Kuiu stove jack in a refuge and it’s junk.

The kuiu stove jack doesn’t look too confidence inspiring. Sewn in is probably the way to go, I’m sure there is a lightweight way to do it that’s not too hindering when not using the stove.

The new xmid pro looks awesome, I wish it had a separate inner like the original tho. Durston hinted that that would be a possibility but could be 1.5 to 2 years out in one of the threads.

ATL

FNG
New X Mid 1 was delivered this morning. Set up was very easy. Got it right on the first try. This tent will primarily replace a BA Seedhouse 2 I have been using for many seasons. Looking forward to the double doors. Most of the time I will run just the fly. Has anyone used the X Mid 1 for two people in a head to foot configuration as pictured in the close up image?

Attachments

• PXL_20220410_162259903.jpg
    PXL_20220410_162259903.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 148
  • PXL_20220410_161643073.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220410_161643073.MP.jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 147
Nice. If you want to sleep 2 people under the fly you can angle the poles so the bottoms are along the center line of the shelter and then you can sleep two people without needing to lay head to toe. We have some people that do this.