Durston X-Mid Tents

dapesche

WKR
I just purchased the 2p solid this morning.

I like the extra reinforcements you get to make it a little more burly.

If too stuffy I'll grab the mesh liner but I wanted to make sure I had the solid fly.

I'll report back once I have it.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

jacob95

FNG
For those of you guys that run a X Mid 1p, do you find you have enough room or is it fairly tight? Debating between a 1P and a 2P solid and don’t know if the extra space of the 2P is worth the weight since I’m completely solo.

BrodieBC

FNG
The 1P is pretty spacious for a 1 person tent. The 2P is a palace though and I like all the extra space for your gear and everything else. I havent touched the 1P in quite some time and always reach for the 2P. The added space is worth the little extra weight in the pack in my opinion. I prefer comfort over weight/packability with my sleep system. Its still very light and packable but id happily carry an extra pound for the added comfort over all.

Ram94

WKR
It is only an 8oz weight penalty for a ton of extra space and the option to sleep 2 if need be.

bober90

FNG
For those of you guys that run a X Mid 1p, do you find you have enough room or is it fairly tight? Debating between a 1P and a 2P solid and don’t know if the extra space of the 2P is worth the weight since I’m completely solo.

Been using the 1p for the last 2 seasons and it’s got a ton of room. For reference, I’m 5’9” and around 170lbs. Plenty of room inside, plus the double vestibules, I don’t feel limited on space at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacob95

FNG
It is only an 8oz weight penalty for a ton of extra space and the option to sleep 2 if need be.
That’s kind of what I’m thinking. This will mainly be an early season elk shelter and then I’ll have a tipi+stove for late season hunts. The next question is solid or mesh lol.

dapesche

WKR
That’s kind of what I’m thinking. This will mainly be an early season elk shelter and then I’ll have a tipi+stove for late season hunts. The next question is solid or mesh lol.
I went down this rabbit hole and just bought the solid tomorrow.

There are a few additions that make the 2p a little more burly which I liked.

Durston is going to be selling the liners individually next yr.

So I've bought the solid and if it's too warm during my Aug sheep hunt I'll grab the full mesh liner.

I'll be a 1p in a 2p as my hunting partners have the kuiu refuge 3

BrodieBC

FNG
I went down this rabbit hole and just bought the solid tomorrow.

There are a few additions that make the 2p a little more burly which I liked.

Durston is going to be selling the liners individually next yr.

So I've bought the solid and if it's too warm during my Aug sheep hunt I'll grab the full mesh liner.

I'll be a 1p in a 2p as my hunting partners have the kuiu refuge 3

Glad I could help! you're going to love the space of the 2P for solo hunts.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone tried his z flick poles?
I’ve got a set. Haven’t used them yet, but should work out great. The adjustability is nice to have and they seem pretty sturdy even though they are super light.

Last edited:

slowelk

WKR
Well if you dont like them let me know.I would like a set,they should be available again in a few months.

I got one, and wish I would have ordered a pair. They work better than trekking poles, and are much lighter. I only carry one trekking pole, and I like to leave my tent setup during the day. I will be ordering another when they come available again in April.

lhbackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
anyone have any experience with the condensation with the xmid 2p pro? I am looking at it or the new xmid 1pro for elk hunt in september this year.

sivart

WKR
I'm also looking at the pro1, but for only like 2 oz more, you can get the pro2.

Seems like a no brainer, no? Trying to figure out the advantage to the pro1

BrodieBC

FNG
I'm also looking at the pro1, but for only like 2 oz more, you can get the pro2.

Seems like a no brainer, no? Trying to figure out the advantage to the pro1
I would say the advantage is the packed sized. The 1P is a bit smaller and takes up less space in your pack. I Own both and honestly never use my 1P. I love running a 2P tent minimum just for the comfort aspect. Sleep system I dont really skimp on comfort for that little bit of space in my pack. Id rather take a bigger pack to fit that little extra comfort because at the end of a long day you appreciate it lol.

sivart

WKR
The mid 2 pro looks like it should fit horizontally in the bottom of a pack, no?

Got a shipping notification for the 2p Solid I ordered last year, completely forgot about it. Since that order I've bought 2 other tents. I need to sell a few, got like 8 now. I'm a tent hoarder lol.

sivart

WKR
are the stakes that Durston offers any good, or is it best to get stakes elsewhere?

Would love to see a pic of the packed pro1 and pro2 side by side. For 2 extra oz, I'm leaning toward the 2, even though I'm usually solo