Dying red thread on badlands clothing brown

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy folks,

What is the best way to dye all of the red threaded logos on badlands gear something like green or brown?

Reddfin

FNG
Idk to my eye its stands out fairly significantly. In my area there isnt a lot of bright red in nature
Stand 30ft away with the article hanging on a tree and see if you can even see it. I will state the obvious again. A deer cannot see the color red. To them it looks brown. They are in a sense color blind to red and orange.
If you don't like the sharpie idea you could hire someone to paint a black brown or green line over the thread.
Seems like a lot of work for something the deer won't notice and neither will a human unless you are very very close. Good luck whatever you decide. Keep us posted.

Sharpie works pretty good. I use it to blackout the tacky company logo that's on the jackets and other clothing items they give us.

OP
R

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
two to three coats of sharpie has been working very well.

I do have a story from my hunt yesterday that demonstrates why i'd like to be a camoed as possible.

While sitting at the base of a tree around 9am, a homeless fella in his underwear walked right by me and continue on his merry way without seeing me. Frankly, anything simple i can do to limit those interactions is worth it

GotDraw?

WKR
...I do have a story from my hunt yesterday that demonstrates why i'd like to be a camoed as possible.

While sitting at the base of a tree around 9am, a homeless fella in his underwear walked right by me and continue on his merry way without seeing me. Frankly, anything simple i can do to limit those interactions is worth it
Hope you had YOUR underwear on?!

Seriously-- you're justifying covering the red logo on your backpack because some homeless dude walked by you?

We can all justify anything, but that logo makes jack crap difference to deer. You could stand there in a clown suit and they wouldn't care... as long as you don't move.

If you move, I don't care if you've got the best Kuiu or Kryptek has to offer. You're done.

JL

OP
R

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
Hope you had YOUR underwear on?!

Seriously-- you're justifying covering the red logo on your backpack because some homeless dude walked by you?

We can all justify anything, but that logo makes jack crap difference to deer. You could stand there in a clown suit and they wouldn't care... as long as you don't move.

If you move, I don't care if you've got the best Kuiu or Kryptek has to offer. You're done.

JL
The point is id like to have my camo work for for humans as well hence the need to remove unnatural colors