Dyneema Tents??

sneaky

"DADDY"
Thanks. Just realized they are 1 person. I'm looking for two person size and want to run stove. I want cimarron built out of dyneema ....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
MLD duomid with a stove. There's a pic of one posted in another thread on here somewhere

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd been wanting to have my HMG duo mid modified with a stove jack.

The pic AK Troutbum posted may have helped make my decision. A dyneema tent with a small WiFi stove seems like it would be a great lightweight 4 season setup.
Did you ever modify an HMG for a stove pipe? Happy with it? Who did it?

3forks

WKR
I never did... I had a local guy who would put in the stove jack, but he kept pushing the modification back on his schedule and I lost interest in working with him.

I‘m assuming you have an HMG shelter and want to do the mod... I’d advise discussing it with Josh at Ruta Locura. Josh gave me some pretty good insight into the stove jack to buy and some other considerations (I was also going to get a TI Goat stove).

tdot

WKR
I dont have an HMG tent yet. Went to pull the trigger on a Cimmaron and they cant deliver until July at the earliest.... so looking for alternative options.

Thanks for the tip. Will contact Josh.

Last edited:
I don’t have an HMG Ultamid, but I just did my 34th night in my HMG Dirigo 2 this week. I’m sold on their shelters - well thought out, light, and durable. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy an Ultamid and put a stove jack in it. The Ultamid 4 will be my next purchase and I’ll have a stove jack sewn in by John at BPWD.

There are a couple of little things about my Dirigo 2 that I’d like changed, but they’re minor. All in all, I’m super happy with it. I’ve never had an easier to pitch tent before ... stupid simple.