E bike?

G8ters

Lil-Rokslider
That’s in Orange County California. Probably much different than I’m most western hunting state.

I have been doing a lot of research on this lately and now I feel it is even more gray. At least the way I understand it is, each forest service office can make their own rules when it comes to E-bikes. So basically, you can show up and it can be different everywhere. Might as well just buy a high end mountain bike.

Unoboats

WKR
Regardless of what the States and Feds broadly say those regulations are sometimes trumped by more stringent regulations by the Fish and Game (i.e. Idaho Motorized Hunting Rule) and the
National Forest Service (i.e. MVUM) for the actual forest you are hunting. Pretty clear in cnelk’s picture of the trail sign that your e-bike is OK. I wish all trails were posted that clearly!

Horniac
Well Idaho does not want nonresidents anymore anyway it seems so they should probably just out law Hiking boots as well. Lol

I have the Talaria Sting. It's a game changer for access and I've seen way more animals because of how quiet it is.

landis07

FNG
Washington coast with a backou mule
c3cab532461c814d2fbd5bbd37854d21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPW may classify it differently but thats on CPW lands (State Wildlife Areas) , now look up the USFS laws on ebikes such as White River National Forest, Gunnison National Forest ETC and you will see real quick that they are ONLY allowed on Motorized trails. Class 1, 2, and 3 Bikes are considered motorized and only allowed on motorized trails. Thats nationwide law per the USFS Website.

E-bikes are a form of motorized transportation on all national forests across the country. Ride safely and responsibly - protect yourself, others and the natural resources you enjoy.