E-Bikes

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sure. Look for the bafang 750watt kit on ebay (i waited for a 15%off coupon). Got it for under $400 i think. The batteries were $110 apiece off hobby king (i got four but run 2 at a time. Youll need two splitters to run two at a time (bout $6 each on ebay). My 4 port charger was about $225.
We made a battery box to sit inside the frame with some 1/4" plastic sheeting. Heat welded and screwed together. Need to leave a hole on the bottom side for the battery cables to come out.
The kit is easy to install, just remove bottom bracket and replace with motor/crank assembly. The hardest part was making the box as it is a custon fit all the way. My soldering iron wasnt good enough for the large battery cables but i hear that RC hobby stores will weld the adapter plugs on for you for a small fee. The box can be skipped though if you decide to carry the batteries in a backpack and run a wire down to the motor (this seems like an accident waiting to happen though).
I never looked into how to post pics on here, but i can text some to you if that helps.
Got a bird this year by silently cruising and calling on a forest road. If i was in the truck i wouldnt have heard them at all and or bumped them. Ive done this same thing on a plain old mtn bike for more years than i care to count, but its way more fun and relaxing on the e-bike. Its a good tool to add to the box.

Best of luck
Couple of things. Rear rack would carry those batteries and you could zip tie the cables along the frame. Lots of companies make custom frame bags that you could put the batteries in along with some gear. Revelate Designs Ranger bag, Bedrock Bags. Rogue Panda, Defiant, all make quality gear that would serve dual purpose.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rack bag could definitely work. I like the idea of a strong as hell plastic case around them in case of a crash though. Inside the frame offers a little more protection as well. Plenty of ways to skin a cat on this one. Not saying i wouldnt run a rack bag at all if circumstances were different, i just lucked into a mentor that had the materials and the know how.
On a related note, i hear they are mighty blow-upy when punctured.😳

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rack bag could definitely work. I like the idea of a strong as hell plastic case around them in case of a crash though. Inside the frame offers a little more protection as well. Plenty of ways to skin a cat on this one. Not saying i wouldnt run a rack bag at all if circumstances were different, i just lucked into a mentor that had the materials and the know how.
On a related note, i hear they are mighty blow-upy when punctured.
Those frame bags are the same concept as your case except they are cordura or Xpac material. You can put plastic panels inside if you want to stiffen them up lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

brsnow

WKR
I would mention if you convert a bike to an e-bike it is no longer legal on non-motorized trails even if not using the motor.

Rad power bikes, great entry level bike if your on the fence about making the purchase. I even fabricated the rear end to accept a trailer and it’ll pull about 60lbs.

It’s realistic that these bikes will do a hill that’s a 10%-12% grade. But they aren’t dirt bikes for as much as i would like to think that it is. They do best on smoother trails as they don’t have the juice to do some serious rock climbing. I ride it all around town for exercise too

I don’t regret the purchase and do plan on investing in a mid drive in the future

b63005b975534b5f4b3fa52223d2c08d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Keep seeing these E-Bike posts come up. Good too see folks discussing them for hunting. Thats why I purchased mine but also to ride to work and get some exercise. There is a huge misconception about E-Bikes that they are for folks that don't want to pedal or put in the work. That couldn't be further from the truth. Yes you can turn up your power to max and hit the thumb throttle and glide up a hill but part of E-Biking is battery Management. If you sit on the throttle all the time you tend to wear your battery down fast. I have a 48V 21 AH battery on mine here. If Im selective and keep it in a lower power use I can get 60-80 miles out of mine. That is going to depend heavily on how you manage the battery juice. I ride mine in level 2 or 3 and pedal assist always but when it comes to big hills where I would normally hop off a normal bike because I couldn't make it up the hill now I can power through it and get up the hill without killing myself. Makes riding so much more enjoyable especially at my age.
E-Bikes are a blast. I run a Biktrix Ultra 1000 w Bafang Mid Drive motor. I also have street tires for city travel 29 inch and some carbon rims setup tubeless in 27.5 wheel size for Dirt running or in the mountains. (Love having options) Yeah its an expensive hobby but also a metric ton of fun. Dont let these things fool you though. You can get a killer work out on them just depends on how you use it.

Attachments

• zwSYvBkqQtyfctwCM8nhFg.jpg
    zwSYvBkqQtyfctwCM8nhFg.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 74
  • M69jWuF4R6y95P%yKxYkRw.jpg
    M69jWuF4R6y95P%yKxYkRw.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 75

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I picked up a couple of these for the wife and I last winter. I only have about 400 miles on mine but so far so good. Lot's of fun! I researched endlessly and thought this was the best bang for the buck. Newest Bafang mid-drive motor, front suspension etc. And you can customize. Might be worth a look...

https://www.biktrix.ca/collections/bikes/products/biktrix-juggernaut-classic-hd

Great Company to work with by the way. Its where I purchased mine from. I have the Ultra 1000 instead of classic HD though.

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
Great Company to work with by the way. Its where I purchased mine from. I have the Ultra 1000 instead of classic HD though.

Actually that's what I got too - the Ultra 1000's. Great bikes and yes a great company to work with!

cnelk

WKR
TTT

New ebike [RadRover] owner here as of this week - Cant wait to get it out and up to the mtn trails and trails around the area. Its going to be awesome for elk hunting.

KHNC

WKR
I bought a M2S mid-drive about a month ago as well. I live in NC and they are just down the road from my office. I was able to test ride first. Love it so far.

KHNC

WKR
TTT

New ebike [RadRover] owner here as of this week - Cant wait to get it out and up to the mtn trails and trails around the area. Its going to be awesome for elk hunting.
That mile or less you have to ride will be great!! Now you can go kill an elk opening morning and be home by lunch for sure! lol

Anozira

WKR
Bumping a 6 month old thread instead of starting a new one.

Any new Ebike contenders out there? I've noticed even Camofire has Ebikes every once in a while. Coming from a dirtbike background I'm concerned with parts availability and service. When/ if something breaks, how easy it it to fix? Ryan's question about Toyota reliablity hits the nail on the head.

Hmm this has me wondering. I have a Cujo Neo that I was thinking about trying out on the trails if I was to put a trailer on it I could get way the hell back in there with all my stuff!

I saw one of these this weekend, pretty awesome. Different price point than just an ebike. But the guy uses it on his farm in place of a utv/motor bike. Dead quiet other than the chain.

Isn't going to pass as a regular bike.

The only bikes I have experience with are Rad Rovers, as a buddy has a couple of them. They are nifty little things. They definitely serve a purpose. I've been on the fence the past couple of months about getting one myself, and tbh, if they were allowed on public lands in my home state, I'd have one already. Like its been said above, they aren't dirt bikes, but they help you get around for sure. I'd be curious how well they do pulling a loaded game cart on hilly ground. As somebody else possibly in the market, I appreciate these threads asking about them. Hope you find what you're after!

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a new last years model QuietKat. Haven’t put a ton of miles on it, but I really like it. From what I have read and been told you want the Mid drive motor over a hub drive. The assist certainly helps, but you still get a workout in.