E-caller recommendations

Wildstreak

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to buy my first E-caller. I would like to keep it under a couple hundred. Are there any you would recommend? Any to stay away from? Pros? Cons?

Last edited:

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
FOXPRO, they’re a little pricey but you can get some for under $200..I had a couple of the Johnny Stewart callers and they both quit workin within a couple of days in the field.

duchntr

WKR
The problem with the smaller cheaper units is that the volume is always lacking for wide open spaces, a way to remedy it is to buy an another external speaker and wire it up. I have had good luck with foxpro and I'm currently using a CS24 I got off eBay for about 200. So if I were you I'd watch eBay and find a used higher end model.

mcseal2

WKR
Honestly I'd save up for a FoxPro Shockwave. I really like the TX 1000 remote that the higher end calls have. I used a Primos Alpha Dog before winning the FoxPro PB3 I have now and find the remote so much easier to use on FoxPro. I love the Foxbang feature too, when my gun goes off (or I drop the remote) the caller switches to a wounded coyote sound. I have shot all my doubles, triples, and one quad with that feature. For me the remote alone is worth going to their upper end calls. It's really a buy once, cry once deal for me.

The PB3 is a great call but its darn big and heavy. It pretty much fills the main pocket on my Eberlestock X3 and uses most of the room on my Team Elk. If I was buying one today it would be the Shockwave.

OP
Wildstreak

Wildstreak

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly I'd save up for a FoxPro Shockwave. I really like the TX 1000 remote that the higher end calls have. I used a Primos Alpha Dog before winning the FoxPro PB3 I have now and find the remote so much easier to use on FoxPro. I love the Foxbang feature too, when my gun goes off (or I drop the remote) the caller switches to a wounded coyote sound. I have shot all my doubles, triples, and one quad with that feature. For me the remote alone is worth going to their upper end calls. It's really a buy once, cry once deal for me.

The PB3 is a great call but its darn big and heavy. It pretty much fills the main pocket on my Eberlestock X3 and uses most of the room on my Team Elk. If I was buying one today it would be the Shockwave.

I am a firm believer in the "buy once, cry once' philosophy. But I also have to be able to justify it. I'd love to have a Fusion or shockwave but I am not sure I'd use it enough to spend that kind of cash. I appreciate the input though.

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
You might want to check out Lucky Duck calls too. I've run a Foxpro CS-24 for years and it's a great call. But I recently got a Lucky Duck Revolt and it's got a lot of nice features, and it's extremely loud with no distortion.

SoDaky

WKR
I’d agree with ‘buy cry’ if feasible.To me,hunting alone 90% of the time,the remote is the real key and the TX 1000 is great.If the old WT(Wildife Tech)units had a good remote i’d Still be using one.Great sounds!
Now it’s a Shockwave(80% of time) or Revolt(20) for me but always with a hand call or 2 in reach as well.

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
You should look at the FOXPRO inferno, my buddy has one and it’s worked really well for him. Yea it’s not as loud as the shockwave but it still plenty loud. It’s right at $200 so if you don’t want to get a used call that’s a good one to look at. I got the fusion just because of the tx-1000 remote and have no complaints it’s worked perfect for me.

Foxpro makes the best unit overall in terms of sound quality and durability. I have a Shockwave that I bought as a refurbished model for $375. Sound quality is second to none, especially from the Shockwave. Not the best sound library though.
Lucky Duck has a great sound library. Remote range is great and the decoys work well. Sound quality is very good, but definitely second to the Shockwave. The housings are junk though. Mine fell apart after a season and a half and no longer functions at all. Battery covers fall off etc. Very cheaply manufactured.
My advice is to get the Foxpro Shockwave and and a handful of Tony Tebbe's sounds.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
Foxpro makes the best unit overall in terms of sound quality and durability. I have a Shockwave that I bought as a refurbished model for $375. Sound quality is second to none, especially from the Shockwave. Not the best sound library though.
Lucky Duck has a great sound library. Remote range is great and the decoys work well. Sound quality is very good, but definitely second to the Shockwave. The housings are junk though. Mine fell apart after a season and a half and no longer functions at all. Battery covers fall off etc. Very cheaply manufactured.
My advice is to get the Foxpro Shockwave and and a handful of Tony Tebbe's sounds.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

What of Tony's sounds do you like best? I have added quite a few of his to my Prairie Blaster 3 FoxPro late last season but I haven't used them all yet. Thanks.

bdan68

WKR
I'm pretty happy with my Lucky Duck Rebel that I just got a couple months ago for $120. Sound quality is great and it's extremely loud. Downside is it only has 12 sounds and you can't add anymore but the advantage to that is the remote is very simple to use. I'd love to have one of the higher priced Foxpros, but didn't want to spend $600. In the future I may upgrade but for now I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage with the $120 call versus a $600 call.

SFN2821

FNG
Looking to buy my first caller as well. I think everyone has me sold on the FoxPro. Thanks for getting this thread rolling.

ND_muley

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Lucky Duck. I sold my FoxPro shockwave after getting my Revolution caller. The Revolt is the same unit, without the camera (that I've never once used) and saves some coin. My main reason for switching to the Lucky Duck is I'm a big fan of the motorized base so you can throw the sound like a thrashing critter.

Brent111368

Lil-Rokslider
Mouth blown calls for me, when I used to coyote hunt. I started out with an E-caller, but really did better and enjoyed the hunt more when using mouth blown calls.