e callers

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, i am just looking for more info in how much noise to bring into my snow goose spread this spring. i’m running about 500 decoys and have 2 speaker e caller, i feel like this isn’t enough noise but not sure? any advice or ideas are appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
From my experience doubling the amount of decoys would do more than another ecaller

Thanks, then i’ll look into more decoys! You have any fullbodies that you suggest?

KurtR

WKR
Thanks, then i’ll look into more decoys! You have any fullbodies that you suggest?

Honestly I would be looking at either dive bomb socks or silo socks . I am going to get some divebomb silos to . I have found it’s more of a numbers game . Adding movement with a rotary machine and some silo sock flyers or wings on string really help. The evac full bodies are nice and set up fast but take lots of room.

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks kirt for all your help, i am running strictly socks right now and for collapsing back bones i found divebomb to have the best design. i like silosocks but i have a hard time with storage on them. how many fliers do you find helpful? i have 3 right now

KurtR

WKR
Thanks kirt for all your help, i am running strictly socks right now and for collapsing back bones i found divebomb to have the best design. i like silosocks but i have a hard time with storage on them. how many fliers do you find helpful? i have 3 right now

I don’t know if you can have to many but you know those damn snow geese can make a guy look stupid after you think you got them figured out. What part of the country are you chasing them in? It’s been a few years since I have went hard in the spring but my kid is absolutely obsessed with waterfowl and got a new puppy who will be a year in February so really got the juices flowing again. Not much else to do but watch YouTube iof snow goose hunting when it’s -28 out . I can’t wait for March.

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
North dakota is where i’ll be, I’m from minnesota. Snows always find a way to make guys like us look clueless, i guess that’s half the fun. Thanks for the help!