E&E as lid?

unsuccessful

Lil-Rokslider
I'm considering getting an e&e to use as a lid on my Highcamp. Just curious to see if anyone has done it already.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
The guide is all the good of an e&e without the weight. And now it looks like they are coming out with similar options.

The e&e works, but it does not like to stay in place. It's a nice little pack though. Mine gets used almost daily, mainly as a range bag, though it's not a piece of my backpacking gear any longer, Kifaru pretty much met my request for a light e&e that worked as a lid when they created the guide lid.

dotman

WKR
Guide lid is better and a tad more ci I believe, E&E isn't that great as a lid.

OP
unsuccessful

unsuccessful

Lil-Rokslider
The guide is all the good of an e&e without the weight. And now it looks like they are coming out with similar options.

The e&e works, but it does not like to stay in place. It's a nice little pack though. Mine gets used almost daily, mainly as a range bag, though it's not a piece of my backpacking gear any longer, Kifaru pretty much met my request for a light e&e that worked as a lid when they created the guide lid.
I like the size of the e&e, but I did worry about how well it would stay put.

I have always considered this, but the Native is a very good implementation of this idea in my book. My only issue is that I wish they had added a few more connection loops so that you can connect it more centered when it is half full (which I assume you would want to do by your 'too much' comment).

OP
unsuccessful

unsuccessful

Lil-Rokslider
I decided to get a lid from pods8 (Rugged Stitching). I have one of his water bottle holders and a pocket. I've been very pleased with his stuff, and am very exited to get my lid in the next few days.
ea9302406628647505b5920308c51b93.jpg