E&E

OP
Brandon Pattison
Prolly not. More like a dream. I thought there was a 500D with less PALS on to it.

Maybe Aron will take notice and integrate another lid option with pack straps. It would sell if its weight wasn't bad.

dotman

WKR
I agree, my E&E is becoming my most used item and is a great little day pack/gym bag/pack lid etc, it does it all.

I just got one and I love mine. I bought the upgraded shoulder straps for it and I can hardly wait for them to get here. I will use this pack mostly for day hikes when I am hiking and snowshoeing and it will definitely be my pack choice when it comes time for the scouting season. A lumbar pack isn't quite big enough and a daypack is a bit too big. This pack fits the bill, at least for me.

Lawnboi

WKR
I love my E&E.

I agree with franklin, it would be a dream to see them come out with an E&E in 500d and with the same amount of molle as the KU E&E.

Shoot Id say phase out the longhunter lid and make an E&E lid. The longhunter lid is basically the same thing, but has zero compression so your stuff is flopping all around, and it goes on your waist which is a total pain if your crawling with it on. With the E&E its out of the way, easy to access, easy to organize, compresses on and off the pack. Its the perfect setup for guys looking for a break away pack.

When I get a high camp and bikini frame it will be even more versatile! Now If I do end up dropping camp. I can drop the HC bag, attach the E&E and grab it to the bikini frame, and I have a perfect day pack ready to haul a serious load. I also still have the E&E if I want to drop the frame for the final part of the stalk.

dotman

WKR
I just got one and I love mine. I bought the upgraded shoulder straps for it and I can hardly wait for them to get here. I will use this pack mostly for day hikes when I am hiking and snowshoeing and it will definitely be my pack choice when it comes time for the scouting season. A lumbar pack isn't quite big enough and a daypack is a bit too big. This pack fits the bill, at least for me.

You will like the new straps!

Curtis C

WKR
I never tried using my E&E as a lid, maybe I will look at that. What I did was attach my KU E&E to my frame under my main bag. I can still keep a few things in it while packing. Then once at camp I'll drop the main bag and day hunt from the KU E&E with a cargo panel or grab-it below that. I am thinking this will work really nice with the Skinny Frame.

Curtis

dotman

WKR
IMAG0106_zpsbd0ffcca.jpg

Lawnboi

WKR
I never tried using my E&E as a lid, maybe I will look at that. What I did was attach my KU E&E to my frame under my main bag. I can still keep a few things in it while packing. Then once at camp I'll drop the main bag and day hunt from the KU E&E with a cargo panel or grab-it below that. I am thinking this will work really nice with the Skinny Frame.

Curtis

What pack are you running? I made a thread a while ago if you search, I showed how I used the E&E as a lid on my T1. I plan on using as a lid on the high camp when I finally get it too. Should work pretty slick with the k connectors.

I am really stoked to start using this E/E pack. I really like the idea of putting it under your main pack attached to the frame. That might be slightly genius. I am also going to look into how to use it as a lid. Another idea that is slightly genius.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Prolly not. More like a dream. I thought there was a 500D with less PALS on to it.

Maybe Aron will take notice and integrate another lid option with pack straps. It would sell if its weight wasn't bad.

Notice had been taken a long time ago, but I'm not making any promises!

Curtis C

WKR
What pack are you running? I made a thread a while ago if you search, I showed how I used the E&E as a lid on my T1. I plan on using as a lid on the high camp when I finally get it too. Should work pretty slick with the k connectors.

Using a DT2. I think I read that thread before you got your E&E, I will go back and have another look through it

edg1967

WKR
How does a KU E&E compare as far as versatility? I know it is quite a bit lighter than the tactical version, but lacks the PALS. If I'm concerned about weight I'm wondering if it would be a better option.

Curtis C

WKR
The KU version is quite a bit lighter. its not as rigid so it will tend to sag more if used as a standalone pack. The KU wont do well if trying to attach other fair sized items on its exterior but it does have a few places to lash small stuff. Space is the same but the KU is a top load bag while the Mil version is a frt loader. For my application the KU works best as it flattens much better than the Mil version

Lawnboi

WKR
Using a DT2. I think I read that thread before you got your E&E, I will go back and have another look through it

You have both the KU and tactical right? If you can figure out how to rig the KU as a lid id like to hear how you do it. The tactical would fit on top of your dt2 easily, you do get the weight penalty though.

Curtis C

WKR
Yes I do have the KU and the Military versions. I am going to read through your other thread to see how you did it and give it a try. I think the KU E&E would have to stay stuffed full to be used as a lid and not flop around. My initial thought was to use a large KU belt pouch attached to the standard lid but I will try the E&E idea before I buy the pouch.

Lawnboi

WKR
Yes I do have the KU and the Military versions. I am going to read through your other thread to see how you did it and give it a try. I think the KU E&E would have to stay stuffed full to be used as a lid and not flop around. My initial thought was to use a large KU belt pouch attached to the standard lid but I will try the E&E idea before I buy the pouch.

I thought about doing a pouch or a long pocket on top of the lid as well but after I tried the E&E I decided against. With a pouch there is no compression and your junk will be flopping all over. Because the E&E has compression over the whole thing, it will compress whatever you pack so that it is one with the pack.