Ear protection for turkey hunting

I've been using impact electronic ear muffs that worked great for a while but now they're starting to have some issues. Lots of static noise and sometimes they make buzzing noises so I've been not wearing them and trying to put them on when the turkey gets close. Seems like in ear electronic ones would be nice, but are there any that work well within a decent price point? And foam ones i just don't like not being able to hear gobbles as well. Thanks in advance.

406life

Lil-Rokslider
Really depends on you and how active you are. Sitting innaduck blind is great. Stalking in on animal, I don't really like it. Calling in a turkey, it's great.

OP
G
A lot of reviews complain about the bluetooth, I don't need to listen to music while hunting is it possible to just turn bluetooth off?

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
If it can't connect it turns off. I've not had a BT issue.
Do you mean that it needs to be connected to bluetooth to function as ear protection? Also, why wouldn't you use them for stalking or walking while hunting?

I got a set of custom fit from Tactical Hearing about 7 years ago. Kind of spend he but worth it in the long run. I wear them for work quite a bit as well as hunting and shooting.

gburk

WKR
WHATD YOU SAY?
Good topic, I’d like something a little more “ready to go” than muffs which tend to only be worn at the last minute. I’ve always thought a full ear cover protection was better though, not sure if that’s true.

Been using the walker brand ear plugs and muffs for the past couple years. For ducks and upland I like the bud style better so I can wear a warmer hat over my ears. Rifle and other target shooting I have buds and muffs on. May seem overkill but have had my ear drum blown out a couple times so I have to protect it better.

Worn Westone Defendear for a few years now. It’s a hearing aid company. Awesome protection. Use for every hunt as weekly trap shoots during the summer. Not cheap though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk