Early archery hunting pants SW MT?

gostovp

WKR
For cheap pants look at the Wrangler Outdoor Performance pants from Walmart. About $25, and they are actually really nice. For expensive pants I have Sitka Apex Pants, Mtn Pants, and Timberline pants which I like because of how they fit me.

No way I could wear the attacks on most September days. The only time they get worn is when I know its cold or raining. The Kutanas are far better in warm weather
Not sure how hot your September days are. But, I've hunted in the attack pants in September with highs around 75ish (which is pretty warm in the mountains) and been fine due to the zippers on the sides. I run super hot most of the time anyway. Any hotter, like if I were in Arizona or New Mexico, I'd want something lighter than the attack. That's why I got the Katana pants too, much cooler. But the trade off is the Katana are louder.

crazyhawksfan

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt find them noiser at all and never once noticed them or thought these pants are loud. I wore them 17 days in Sept last year and by far the best warm season pant I have ever worn. Attacks for me are a Oct-Nov pant for the most part. To thick and warm to hike in 70 deg weather
I've worn the attacks for the last 5 or 6 Septembers from Montana to Colorado. I've never thought of them as being overly hot. And there quite. I hate rustling or even slightly noisy pants. Seems like the katanas would for sure be noisier. Guess I'll have to try them and see:)

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
Whichever panda are grizzly proof for SW Montana!! 😂😂

In all seriousness, Kuiu kutana’s are probably the most versatile pants I’ve owned. That’s what I’m rocking here on an unusually warm November elk hunt in Montana, last year. 0267873D-1795-4874-9949-38279CB73B3B.png

I can't speak for SW Montana weather but I did a lot of research and settled on the Sitka Apex pant.
Lightweight, comfortable and well designed were all the recommendations I read/watched and they sure seem like it to me even though I have not tested them on a mountain hunt yet.
I think you will really enjoy those pants. Super lightweight.

Wright406

WKR
+1 Kuiu attacks, very versatile, quiet, and comfortable.

I love the pro pant but they are noises than the attacks.

Kutana stretch pants are awesome as well and lighter fabric than the Attack.

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Kuiu attack pants...if price isn't an issue the de havilland pants from Stone Glacier are awesome. I got sent a free pair by accident by SG so I ended up sending them back but they'd be my next purchase if I ever got lucky enough to get a tag!

Not sure what pant is best but I’m certain that Sitka mountain pants are not it. Way too warm for early season and no venting options. Tough and durable though. I’m on year 9 of a pair that I have used Sep-Nov.

Prana Zion Kuhl Renegade or Sitka Ascent. If it snows my Sitka Timberlines are in the truck. And yes it does and will snow on opening weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prana Stretch Zion

Edit: just realized this is a bad recommendation because the new version on the Stretch Zion that is available for purchase now is apparently garbage. They switched the pants material and now they’re apparently WAY worse….so I guess if you can find some used Pranas from pre-2021, then you’re onto something.

Dang it! Yeah I just buy em off eBay for 35 bucks!

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
+1 Kuiu attacks, very versatile, quiet, and comfortable.

I love the pro pant but they are noises than the attacks.

Kutana stretch pants are awesome as well and lighter fabric than the Attack.
@Wright406 if you had to choose just one pair of those three, which would it be?

I'm a rifle hunter, but want a pair that I could wear in bow season if a buddy invites me out. Does that disqualify the Pro pant?

How do these three options hold up to water?

Seems like Kutana Strech pant is more durable than Attack, but lighter fabric. Can you get away with the Kutanas later in the season with baselayers under?

I had planned to get the Attack pants, but now I'm reconsidering these options. Thanks in advance for feedback. Always great to hear from someone who actually owns all of the articles you're considering.

lintond

WKR
@Wright406 if you had to choose just one pair of those three, which would it be?

I'm a rifle hunter, but want a pair that I could wear in bow season if a buddy invites me out. Does that disqualify the Pro pant?

Seems like Kutana Strech pant is more durable than Attack, but lighter fabric. Can you get away with the Kutanas later in the season with baselayers under?

I had planned to get the Attack pants, but now I'm reconsidering these options. Thanks in advance for feedback. Always great to hear from someone who actually owns all of the articles you're considering.

I’ve always gone with a lighter weight pant. Typically my legs being cold isn’t an issue and it’s easy to add some long underwear if needed. I don’t do a ton of cold weather rifle hunts but I do a lot of upland bird hunts all winter in some really cold temps. I have both the Kutana and Attacks and the Kutana get much more use.

Wright406

WKR

Good question. My experience with the Attacks is extensive. I've used them from 20 degrees with leggings all the way to 80 degrees. If I chose one for yourself I would recommend the attack pants.

BBob

WKR
Kuiu Tiburon. I have the Tiburon, Attack and Kutana, for hot weather the Tiburon hands down the best.
Same here on all accounts. Tiburon's are my favorite. Kutana's are a tighter fit and I like the looser fit of the Tiburon (I wear 32's). They are quieter than Kutana. I can wear Tiburon's even when it gets very cold, I just wear the appropriate merino under. Kutana might be more durable but not by much at all. In the early days Kuiu billed the Tiburon as their toughest pant. With the other two I wouldn't miss my Attack's at all if they went away.