Early October

RAHC

FNG
Just wanted to hear some of your thoughts on the first week of October in the Frank Church. I know all about the weather and the country I live close to some of those areas but have never hunted that time of year. I figure it wont be to popular given the remoteness and the fact that the September bull season will be over. I am concerned about locating good deer since they should all be hard horned and broken away from the summer bachelor groups. Anyone have any experience hunting this time frame? This isn't a hot spot thread, more a general ideas or type of approach to this particular hunting situation. Any info would be great. Thanks

Watch the weather, if it's going to be warm and dry, they'll be hard to find. In my experience the mature bucks are fairly nocturnal there without some weather to get them moving.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How'd it go? Sorry I missed it. Probably had some snow and maybe access issues in early Oct. I like early October there for the thinner crowds but missing the elk bugling is a bummer.