Early Season Archery Moose help

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
So archery season for moose in Alaska starts August 10th for my unit (unit 14). I live and work out here but have never hunted prior to August 25th out here and never hunted prior to September 8th with any success. I have a great area picked out with some low hills (100-150ft tall) over looking swamp and muskegs where I routinely see bulls all winter and most recently a large one in full velvet about 600 yards from the road just last week. My game plan is simple: Show up before it’s light out, glass for moose till 11 or noon, take a nap and start glassing again around 5pm till nightfall, repeat as needed till the 15th when I have to go back to work. I am going to NOT call for moose during this time as most of the people I’ve talked to and what I’ve read is that it will hurt more than help as the bulls will all still be in velvet and not trying to knock it off.

Beyond relocating to a higher elevation are there any glaring issues with my simplified early season spot and stalk?

I’m definitely excited to see just how close I get to a moose, last year was 110 yards on the bull I took with my rifle and the closest I’ve been to a bull I harvested was 65 yards, also with a rifle. This will be my first year bow hunting and worst case scenario is I get to add more experiences to my toolbox. TIA.