Early season elk pants

bob1sh

FNG
Sitka Apex pants, w/ synthetic boxers they’re plenty cool enough. Swap out the boxers for a base layer and they warm up perfectly as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catahoula

WKR
I have been using FL Obsidian merino pants with merino under garments for some time, but I also went with a couple pair of Sitka Apex pants. They also seem to be ok with merino under garments.

Bump. Attacks had too tight of a crotch. Sitka traverse pant seems too warm. Looking at first lite corragute guide pant or Sitka ascent...

Trial153

WKR
Early season I like the traverse or the ascent. The ascent are lighter weight however the traverse are better cut for me.

bob1sh

FNG
Bump. Attacks had too tight of a crotch. Sitka traverse pant seems too warm. Looking at first lite corragute guide pant or Sitka ascent...

I bought my Apex a size larger than the other pants I wear from Sitka for this reason but they’re perfect now

OP
C

coohio1854

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought some Eddie Bauer guide pros. Gonna test those and the KUIU guides this weekend in the hills of PA. 85-90 degrees should give me a good idea as to which pant breathes the best. I really like the SG De Havilland’s but I just bought the Attacks for considerable cheaper when KUIU was running a discount on them.

ChrisAU

WKR
I feel like somehow the Kutanas are still under the radar. Size up, I wear 34 Wranglers and 36 Attacks but 38 Kutanas. I have a pair in Loden and Valo now, got the Lodens hemmed for backcountry wear (mainly to help prevent them getting wet when wearing crocs around camp) so they are now 38x31 and weigh 13.9 oz, but the material is tough as nails and the hip vents are awesome.

OP
C

coohio1854

Lil-Rokslider
Damn it. Now I’m going to have to get a pair and try them out. My wife if getting fed up with UPS coming in every other day hahaha