Early Season Elk Tactics

littlebuf

Banned
i hated it.makes me realize how far off september is.....great right up as always,man i want to get up high.come on spring

you knocked it out of the park once again buddy. I can't wait to get up in the mountains here in oregon. Got my new spotting scope and hope to put it to good use this year.

ams

WKR
I just bought the magazine for this article! Happy to do so too! Couldn't make my trip happen last year but looking forward to september for my first elk hunt. Thanks for the great write up.

a3dhunter

WKR
Hey Aron, good article. Based on that though, and since you know where I'll be hunting mulies this year, should I pick up an OTC elk tag for the timberline area during the first week of season?
;)

JG358

WKR
Hey Aron, good article. Based on that though, and since you know where I'll be hunting mulies this year, should I pick up an OTC elk tag for the timberline area during the first week of season?
;)

Like your going to pay any attention to elk while you have a deer tag in your pocket.

On the other hand, I'm planning on killing the first deer I see and chasing elk. Hoping to have a bear tag handy to since your such a bear magnet:)

Last edited:

a3dhunter

WKR
Like your going to pay any attention to elk while you have a deer tag in your pocket.

On the other hand, I'm planning on killing the first deer I see and chasing elk. Hoping to have a bear tag handy to since your such a bear magnet:)

There ought to be a law against using your hunting partner as bait!

Tdiesel

Lil-Rokslider
QUOTE]There ought to be a law against using your hunting partner as bait![/QUOTE] LOL
no way I cover mine in honey and blow a bear whistle works great, but you can't label them as bait thats illegal in colorado just a prank and a bear randomly shows up ;)