Early Season footwear

NWHunter

FNG
So I'm looking for a lightweight pair of early season footwear and wanted to know what others are using. Most of my hunting is in the Oregon coast range. Riding mountain bikes behind timber company gates and covering ground. I've been looking at the Salomon xa pro 3d ultra gtx, The Columbia Master of Faster, and the Under Armour Speed Freaks. But I'm open to anything. Right now I'm thinking one of those pair with a good set of gaiters would be great for early season hunting.

I have the Salomons for trail running and lighter-duty hiking on trails. They are good shoes for that purpose. I prefer something with a little more ankle support if I'm getting off trail and bushwacking though. I have a pair of Lowa Renegades that I really like for early season hiking in more moderate terrain. Just my opinion- I know others may like scouting and even hunting in trail runners.

OP
NWHunter

NWHunter

FNG
Right now I'm wearing a pair of Zamberlan Wild Things. There are an exclusive style in the United States for Baker's Shoes. They're comparable to the Lowa Seekers. I may end up sticking with them. I'm just looking into lighter weight options right now.

Slim Jim

WKR
I'm new to rokslide but I wanted to reply on early season boots. I just purchased the new crispi summit brown gtx. Right out of the box and green superfeet insoles, I hiked an 8 mile loop with a 1800 ft. ascent and no hot spots, very lightweight, good support, no blisters, and comfortable. Whoever is in the market for an early season hunting boot should check these out. Awesome boot!

Lawnboi

WKR
Lowa zephyr, my favorite light duty boot. Some will tell you they leak, i can tell you mine havnt leaked and iv had them for a while now.

Id wear these over a trail runner anyday!

cmeier117

WKR
I have been wearing the Solomon quest 4d and really like them. I have carried 100+ lbs for 3+ miles in them and they supported my feet a lot better than I thought. That being said I am going with my Crispi Idaho's for early season. They are quickly becoming my favorite boots!