Early Season Gaiters

I have a set of KUIU Yukon gaiters that I absolutely love. They do everything I would ever want a gaiter to do and then some.

That said, I find them somewhat hot for September archery (elk/deer) and I'm looking at fixing that. As a result, I'm looking at recommendations for something more breathable.

Anyone trying the FL Traverse 2.0? The only reason I was looking at those was because they claim "breathable" on the product page.

Haven’t tried the FL but I have a pair of the light Kenetrek hikers. They fit great over a mid height pair of Lowas but not with my tall crispis.

Jimss

WKR
I think gaiters are a waste. I’m usually searching for things to drop from my pack rather than carry! I nearly always have rain pants so why the need for gaiters? My boots are waterproof and in most situations good Kuiu pants dry in an hour if grass is wet in the morning. Even in snow I don’t wear gators. Waterproof boots plus rain pants keep me dry. If grass is wet and you sit down to glass in wet grass doesn’t your butt get wet with gators?

I think gaiters are a waste. I’m usually searching for things to drop from my pack rather than carry! I nearly always have rain pants so why the need for gaiters? My boots are waterproof and in most situations good Kuiu pants dry in an hour if grass is wet in the morning. Even in snow I don’t wear gators. Waterproof boots plus rain pants keep me dry. If grass is wet and you sit down to glass in wet grass doesn’t your butt get wet with gators?

I wear them in places I hunt that are known to have ticks or chiggers. They’ve done well to keep them at bay.

I wear them frequently in the desert while hunting to reduce the amount of cactus spines poking my upper calves (above the boot line).

Like most things in life, what one person considers worthless another may find valuable.