Early Season Hunting Boot

logomount

FNG
I’m looking for an early season hunting/hiking boot for Colorado. I will not be putting many miles on it daily (less than 5) but I do need it to be comfortable and waterproof.

I’ve looked into a few options: Crispi Thor and Colorado, Solomon Quest 4D

What are some other options or opinions on the above boots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowa's are my go to. My Rebel GTX mids, I bought them last minute helping a buddy go hunt. Wore them the next 10 days doing 10+ miles in em with no break in, didn't get even a hot spot.

Point being you gotta find a boot that works well for you. Maybe I lucked out and found it first go around. I don't mind dropping 150-200$ on a solid boot I'll get a couple years out of, but those 400-500$ boots are imo similar, just with a marketing markup.

def90

WKR
I recently bought some Scarpa Zodiak Plus GTX boots to replace my Crispis.. So far I have put in about 6000 vertical feet and 20 miles of hiking in them over the last few weekends and am loving them. Light, stiff sole, no extra padding where it's not needed so my feet don't get overly hot and sweaty like they did with the Cripis. No blisters. I bought them for general use in Colorado and sept archery season. I hunt and hike in high alpine forested and rocky terrain and these boots handle it all very well.

I've noticed that a lot of people in the hunting community get overly fixated on Schnees, Crispi, or insert whatever hunting brand here when there are many other companies such as Scarpa and Garmont that have been making mountaineering boots as long as people have been mountaineering. I highly recommend checking them out.

Salomon Quest are not waterproof. Prepare for wet feet even when walking through wet grass. They are super comfy, and give moderate support. I have 3 pair that I wear on occasion to work, but if I expect rain, I wear my Crispi Wyomings. They are more comfortable than the Salomons, and are positively waterproof.

For the past several years, I've been using my well-worn Vasque hikers for the warmer hunts. Those boots take care of my feet very well, and I rely on them.

I'm planning to use a pair of Haix Scouts this year. A little taller boot, but equally comfortable and good to my feet.

I’m looking for an early season hunting/hiking boot for Colorado. I will not be putting many miles on it daily (less than 5) but I do need it to be comfortable and waterproof.

I’ve looked into a few options: Crispi Thor and Colorado, Solomon Quest 4D

What are some other options or opinions on the above boots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crispi Thor on sale right now at camofire.com for 30% off ($213.50). Good assortment of sizes, mostly in the orange and black. Some Briksdal, Idaho and Wyomings also at 35 to 40% off.

Last edited: