Early season hunting

vthokee

WKR
Who else is crazy like me heading to the stand this afternoon🤪. Can’t believe I’m sitting in this heat and humidity. SC low country hunting at its best.
890712AF-302A-4F54-9A64-60888B2F3BA4.jpeg

I'm jealous. Our season doesn't start until Oct 1 in my neck of the woods. Game zone 1 starts late!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

KenLee

WKR
Few hours up the hill and I can't get motivated to setup/trim stands and do bushhogging to get ready for October 1st start. Hopefully a fresh lumbar injection will help. Trying to delay surgery till after season.

LostArra

WKR
I spent a week at Edisto in July with family wondering if there are lunatics who hunt the low country in August. Apparently so. Do you cook the deer in the field?

Good luck! Post pics of that velvet buck!

Btaylor

WKR
I spent a week at Edisto in July with family wondering if there are lunatics who hunt the low country in August. Apparently so. Do you cook the deer in the field?

Bone it out and serve it when you get home.

KenLee

WKR

Train the Skeeters to fly it to the processor

OP
vthokee

vthokee

WKR

This is only my second year here and first time trying to get a velvet buck. Last year I was like what kinda idiot hunts in this heat. Lol Apparently I’m that idiot.

Brunson84

Lil-Rokslider
I used to hunt early, not anymore tho, mosquitoes are usually horrible this time of year, I don’t mess with thermacels so I need that first little cool snap to get me in gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLS

WKR
Your truck must have been setting in the sun, it’s been in the mid 80s all week Dipping into the 70s at night. It’s one of the mildest august openers in a while. We’re a little cooler on the coast, but not that much. I’ve been watching a bachelor group of 3 velvet bucks in the beans beside my house for a few days. Just gotta get the wind right...

Your truck must have been setting in the sun, it’s been in the mid 80s all week Dipping into the 70s at night. It’s one of the mildest august openers in a while. We’re a little cooler on the coast, but not that much. I’ve been watching a bachelor group of 3 velvet bucks in the beans beside my house for a few days. Just gotta get the wind right...
No joke. It’s un-seasonally cool right now.

gtriple

WKR
Agreed. I was just out shooting in Rock Hill two days ago and wishing that our season had started because the weather was perfect.