Early to mid season pant recommendation

I’ve tried kuiu and skre-the crotches are too high cut. I typically run a Sitka ascent pant with light merino under and I’m good almost all season. I would like something similar for but with dwr coating. Recommendations? Rather not pay Sitka prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the Swazi forest pants. I've owned a pair for the last few months and I've been hugely impressed. Using my chainsaw in wild weather with a bit of rain, week long backpack trip into the Victorian ANP looking for sambar (pretty cold for this country), home-killing a domestic pig, etc. They've performed brilliantly. Stretchy so hiking in them is easy, they come with a belt which I find pretty good, and they are almost totally waterproof. I've never had water come through them but I don't believe Swazi claims they are 100% waterproof.

Our winter in some parts of the country would be similar to some of your late-early season or mid season weather, I imagine. Definitely worth a look, and they will be significantly cheaper than many options from FL, Sitka and Kuiu.