East Coast Waterfowl Hunting

Bulldog2nine

Lil-Rokslider
Alright Fellas......

My boss is wanting to do a company outing with our biggest customer and he and I were thinking about ducking hunting the eastern shore MD or similar. We are from Western PA and will be taking customers so ideally lodge and outfitter type experience. By any chance does anyone know some good outfits/duck clubs on the east coast?

Eastern Shore has inconsistent ducks, but crazy numbers of Canada geese. I've been living in a waterfront house on the northern eastern shore of md since halloween and see ~5k geese per day. I have yet to see more than ~150 ducks in a day, normally see 5-20. If you want crazy action, I would lean towards snow goose conservation season in Delaware, those flocks look like ww2 carpet bombing formations when they fly by out of the wildlife refuges, thousands of birds per flock.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Maybe look up Pitboss Waterfowl? He mostly does the sea duck/eider thing, but might be a cool change of pace. I saw where he recently built a huge new boat that looks like it would be pretty cool to go out in. Don't know about lodge or anything, but maybe he knows something? Worth a look anyways.

Graves14

WKR
Sea duck hunting is really something special if you’ve never done it. I’d look into finding a guided hunt either in layouts if the water is calm or even just out of a good boat blind. Big, tough, gorgeous birds flying fast.

hartigjosh

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt the Eastern Shore a lot and have a property that produces a lot of puddle ducks but that's not common in these parts.
If I were after puddle ducks I would contact Quaker Neck. They have some awesome properties and the guys I know that do client events use them often.
As for sea ducking I would do a cast and blast. I do this hunt early-mid November and it pairs well with other events like waterfowl fest, second split of puddle ducks/geese, the rut so on... I know some local guys so I use them but have also heard good things about Pitboss. The concept of cast and blast is this... shoot your limit of sea ducks in the morning then get out the fishing rods/beer/oysters and start bringing in some rockfish/stripers
If you want a place to stay I recommend
St Michaels
Great town, great history and there are a lot of outfits just down the road in Tilghman chasing seaducks

sead.jpgseadk.jpg
dkrem.jpg
Feel free to send me a message and we can speak further

If you are after ducks I'd head West, limits have been getting reduced on the Atlantic flyway. Pitboss would be a neat hunt and definitely different sitting in big water for sea ducks. Atlantic migration area was reduced to a single canada goose this year and likely will be next year as well. Two mallard limit.

Conservation snow goose is hit or miss, and if it's going to be a hit you will likely be in a group of 12-15 guns.

If you're looking for an area with history Chesapeake/Delmarva area has a lot of it. But the numbers just aren't what they use to be.

Are you wanting to hunt sea ducks or geese? Sea ducks are fun and tough but don’t taste good at all unless you know what you are doing to get the fishy taste out of the meat. I would check out Chesapeake bay outdoors. I went on a hunt in December it was a blast and the crew was top notch

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
With this past season being one of the worst waterfowl seasons in the books for the Atlantic Flyway, I would seriously consider looking at a seaduck hunt or go west. The weather did not cooperate this season and the waterfowl numbers definitely showed that. With a one goose limit and reduced duck limits, the Shore isnt what it used to be.

If you absolutely have your heart set on the Shore, I would contact Quaker Neck for puddle ducks, Pitboss for seaducks, and Native Shores for an upland preserve hunt.

If you are flexible, I would go north and hunt eiders for a few days while stuffing myself full of lobsta. Another option would be to go west for flooded timber or a conservation snow goose hunt in MI.