East Troublesome fire

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There's no denying "climate change". Geez just Thursday it was 70 degrees, then yesterday never got over 30 at my house, today will be 70ish again, and tomorrow is supposed to have a high of 25 and teens on Monday. Yep, the climate changes. But what's even more patterned are "long term" cycles of warmer and colder temps. People tend to be really short-sighted....can't see or refuse to look past their nose. So all they see is "the sky is falling". 50 or even 100+ year "cycles" of climate change shouldn't surprise or concern anyone. We deal with it and move on. The worst thing someone can do (or a nation can do) is put policies in place that deal with the immediate, without even looking beyond the immediate (that nose thing again). That's what happens when people use emotions for policy instead of logic.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll take your bait...
And then I will ask what, exactly, do a suicidal couple have to do with this thread?
The article in the link is poorly written. The couple decided to not evacuate from their home near grand lake that eventually was burned by the troublesome creek fire.

The article in the link is poorly written. The couple decided to not evacuate from their home near grand lake that eventually was burned by the troublesome creek fire.
Yes sir...
And "most" people, regardless of how uncomfortable it may be to acknowledge, will recognize these actions to be SUICIDAL.
However poorly written, the "jist" of the article is unmistakable.....

Pbm20

FNG
Sad and unfortunate for sure. More reason people have to listen to the professionals putting their lives on the line to protect them and their property.

Pbm20

FNG
It’s definitely is. Should at least slow the spread and give the firefighters a chance to make some progress in containment.

Its dumping in Fort Collins. There's hardly anybody out on the fire lines right now. This will definitely slow the fire down for a few days. Too bad the moisture content isn't high in this snowfall!

Attachments

• 20201025_152251.jpg
    20201025_152251.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 64
Its dumping in Fort Collins. There's hardly anybody out on the fire lines right now. This will definitely slow the fire down for a few days. Too bad the moisture content isn't high in this snowfall!

You in FOCO? Yeah man like 11” so far at my place!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

visage

Lil-Rokslider
10"+ and still coming down in Granby. We've needed this snow bad! Looking forward to slowing the growth.

We always talk about how we've needed some fires to knock down the beetle kill, but never expected it to all go at once so quick, and be so impactful to the communities.

dtrkyman

WKR
looking at that raging inferno I would wonder if that light snow would even reach the ground where the fire is intense? Would think in the cold temps that dry snow would just evaporate?

These are just guesses as I am not fire expert, hopefully enough snow surrounds the fire to slow its spread at least!

kid44

Lil-Rokslider
One of ours sons lives in Longmont, CO with his girlfriend. Last week was stressful for them as a fire raged within a few miles of them and they were in danger of being evacuated. Fortunately for them the winds shifted and they were no longer in danger, for now anyway. The overnight snowfall Saturday night of 8"+ really helped the firefighters in the RMNP/Estes Park area.

Ucsdryder

WKR
No internet argument has ever changed soMeones mind, so I hope you all feel better. Haha

regarding the fire, I can’t imagine itll be a threat to anything going forward. Some logs may smolder but I have to think fire season is over in the mountains.

How about we get back to covering the fire. I got a third season tag that may be affected.

Sorry bud but that might very well be the case. My archery hunt was flipped on its head when my drawn units when up in flames. Lot of guys on here didn’t get to fulfill their plans this season already due to the fire. It is what it is. The focus I hate to say it isn’t really on anyone’s hunts now, if they get messed with so be it. Right now all that matters is the safety and well being of both wildlife and human.

Last edited: