Eastern Colorado whitetail

Hey rokslide, never hunted plains whitetail. If u have any info on eastern Colorado archery pressure during November please send me a pm. I’m hoping to head there this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Public land is somewhat limited in eastern CO. If you are hunting public, you might experience some pressure from other hunters considering there are only a few public pieces to hunt. If you are able to get permission on private you will experience very minimal pressure!

OP
B
Is there decent activity in November after the gun season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
We hunted plains mule deer last year - ran into more guys hunting whitetails than mule deer.

Saw 3 does and a half rack (busted off one side 3 yr old buck) come out of a "rim rock canyon" into cottonwoods to feed. Buck was grunting up a storm.
Saw 3 does behind a farmhouse (some pine bedding cover I guess).
My hunt buddies saw a buck and a couple does next day while covering ground looking for muleys.
Saw a buck that got hit by a truck - had to stop and see the antlers. Deer was gone an hour later.
1102191101.jpg

On the flip side - saw a total of about 100 mule deer, 4 being bucks.
We hunted 8 days.

We hunted plains mule deer last year - ran into more guys hunting whitetails than mule deer.

That's because the CDOW has declared all out war on Whitetails out East and give tons of tags to exterminate them.[/QUOTE]

There still are, but back in the early mid 2000s there were crusher WTs out there in abundance. Now with all the tags, they just don't live long.