Eastern Kentucky Fall Bear

Muddygut

FNG
Anyone else heading to eastern Kentucky for archery season this October? Never hunted bear before, but I happen to be off that weekend and am going to give it a go.

Gen273

WKR
Yes, I will be hunting them for a few days. What part of Eastern KY are you going to?

Gen273

WKR
I will be just a little bit East of you in Bell County.

Last edited:
OP
M

Muddygut

FNG
Since I intend to pack in and set up camp the day before season I guess I’ll have to get an approved food container from what I read on the fish and wildlife website.

OP
M

Muddygut

FNG
I think it only applies on National forest lands. I might have seen it on the Daniel Boone Forest page when I was looking to see if there were any silly restrictions on camping to look out for.

OP
M

Muddygut

FNG
Will do, and good luck to you as well. Talked to a WMA guy in that area the other day and he indicated acorn and muscadine would be the food sources to watch for during season. I figure its a low percentage odds venture going in blind and hunting from the ground with a longbow, but it'll sure beat being at work.

Gen273

WKR
You never know, there are a lot bears in Eastern KY. It would be awesome to get it done with a longbow.