Eastern Oregon elk boot

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys! I need some advice for the best boot for a eastern Oregon November elk hunt, I’ll be using them for Montana rifle hunting after next year! I’m just confused on all the different models of crispi boots, or a different brand if you guys suggest those! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say crispi has a good name. I’d look at crispi Idaho’s. They come insulated and uninsulated. Also Irish setter elk trackers. Crispi guides maybe as well. I have a pair of uninsulated Idaho’s in 12.5 here in Oregon for sale.

OP
Bojangles21

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
I’d say crispi has a good name. I’d look at crispi Idaho’s. They come insulated and uninsulated. Also Irish setter elk trackers. Crispi guides maybe as well. I have a pair of uninsulated Idaho’s in 12.5 here in Oregon for sale.

Okay I’ll take a look! I’m a 10 or I’d be interested! Thank you for the info

OP
Bojangles21

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
And how many grams of insulation would you guys recommend?

Crispi - Lowa (my personal favorite) - Kenetrek - the list continues but those 3 names will no doubt get you a fine boot - Bakers Boots in Eugene, OR is a first class operation on fitting and selection (FITTING is EVERYTHING)

If you can swing it, Lathrop and Sons. I bought a pair last year and they are literally the most comfortable/best boots I've ever put on. Went on a spiked out deer hunt. Buddy had wet feet with Crispis (Brand new). My lathrop and sons were dry and warm. My only regret is now I see they offer insulation. They didn't when I bought mine.

OP
Bojangles21

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
I will have to! Only problem is I’m deployed and I won’t be back in Oregon until I get outta the Marine corps and I was going to use military discount on boots

I will have to! Only problem is I’m deployed and I won’t be back in Oregon until I get outta the Marine corps and I was going to use military discount on boots

if you can call Baker's and ask if they'll extend a discount to you, if not let me know and I'll stop in this week and ask them for you then get back to you here

OP
Bojangles21

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
if you can call Baker's and ask if they'll extend a discount to you, if not let me know and I'll stop in this week and ask them for you then get back to you here

I’ll see if I can email them, I don’t have access to calling out here, but thanks man!

Willy510

FNG
I've worn my Danner pronghorns with 400g insulation there for elk season and they were warm enough for me. Idk where you'll be located when you get back, but the danner store over by PDX is pretty cool

Crispi all the way. I have the insulated Hunter GTX and they have been amazing. I'm on my third season with them and I use them a lot. Will probably need re-soled after this season. I do wish I had a non-insulated pair for August/September. Good luck!

OP
Bojangles21

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
Crispi all the way. I have the insulated Hunter GTX and they have been amazing. I'm on my third season with them and I use them a lot. Will probably need re-soled after this season. I do wish I had a non-insulated pair for August/September. Good luck!

Are insulated good for October/November?

hunterjmj

WKR
Depends on how warm your feet run. I never buy insulated boots because my feet would get way to hot. I've hunted many times in sub-zero temps without issue. I'll be on my second season with Hoffman Explorer lights and my feet have stayed dry if I wear the right socks for the conditions. I run White packs if the snow gets real deep but I hate the bulky ness of packs.

541hunter

WKR
I also use non-insulated boots the whole year from western to eastern Oregon. My feet do typically run warm. I prefer to change up my socks instead of having multiple pairs of boots. In September I run a thin sock and as the fall progresses into winter my socks will get a bit thicker.

I've worn my Danner pronghorns with 400g insulation there for elk season and they were warm enough for me. Idk where you'll be located when you get back, but the danner store over by PDX is pretty cool

there is also a Danner factory store on NW 185th 1/4 mile off hwy 26 (Tanasborne)