Eastern Oregon joining Idaho as a State

That’s not a good split. I don’t want to be stuck in the hipster utopia.
I think it’s every where though. Large metropolitan city folks just have a different way of thinking. They want mass transit, garbage trucks cleaning up after them, rules, workers to clean up after them, to collect warm dog poop in little bags, malls, to live in apartments like college dorms, ect…
They want taken care of.
Rural folks don’t want that, but exceedingly get outnumbered and overruled by the Urban jungle folks.

Both Seattle and Portland burry their trash out by Roosevelt. Idaho could be adopting a lot of trash in the deal.

The “Portland” mentality starts to disappear rapidly if you head 20 minutes in any direction from downtown Portland.

I have lived my entire 42 years in or near Portland starting in multnomah county, now a different county just outside multnomah county. It’s a night and day difference where I live, and multnomah county where I work. A 20 minute drive feels like I took a plane ride to a whole new world.

Portland really has deteriorated into a sh*#hole. 20 years ago it was one of the nicest, an safest big cities in the country. The results of all the stupid ideas politicians and voters have put in place are right in our face everyday. This city looks like a mix of the Walking Dead movie and Mad Max.

I truly believe within the next 5 years we will see a shift in leadership and voting. So many people have the results of all the bad liberal ideas right in their face, on their door step, and in their neighborhood now.

Every idiotic idea that has been implemented, has immediate negative results that is tangible and easy to see. All the “great” ideas immediately do the opposite of what they are supposed to do and make the problem worse.

My father and I started our business in 2003 in what is now the zombie apocalypse of Portland. Besides work, I spend zero of my time in that dumpster fire.

In the last 12-18 months I NEVER speak with anyone that likes the way things are being run, no matter their political leanings or ideology.

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
It is truly a shame what has happened to Oregon's wildlife due to horrible management and predators. I would fully be down with joining Idaho, there is common sense there. But I don't think further division is good for the country. We are so divided as a people that this nation could fall fast.

In the last 12-18 months I NEVER speak with anyone that likes the way things are being run, no matter their political leanings or ideology.
I wonder about this, the mass media and social media has done such a good job of creating echo chambers and convincing folks that the other side is populated by liars and idiots that while most people are unhappy, it's hard to imagine an alternative to the status quo.

mmw194287

WKR
The other real obstacle to these ideas is that counties in eastern Washington and eastern Oregon depend on tax dollars from Portland and Seattle to provide basic services. Idaho taxpayers probably don't want to assume that burden.

King County taxpayers exported $2.95 billion to prop up the state’s other counties in 2016, the most recent year studied. About 37 cents of every dollar of state taxes paid by King County taxpayers was spent elsewhere. In all there are 33 counties that pay less than they get, and King County provides 97% of the money boosting those counties.

Small eastern Washington counties top the list if it’s scored by a ratio of help received to taxes paid. Okanogan County got back $2.07 in spending for every $1 it sent to Olympia in taxes. No. 2 is Stevens County at an even $2 coming in for $1 out, and No. 3 is Adams County, at $1.98 in for every $1 out.