Eastern Oregon joining Idaho as a State

ndayton

WKR
Every year I hear about how part of Oregon is wanting to separate and join Idaho which got me thinking if that really did happen ( I know it wont) but that Idaho would gain some of Oregon's premium controlled Elk and Mule deer hunts that take north of 20 years to draw as well as most Pronghorn units. This was something that gave me pause in that I hadn't thought about that and if it would change peoples minds just from the change up on game management and tag application.
This was just a fun thought experiment, would Idaho do a better job managing Oregon wildlife, and how would people feel about points units going to a random draw essentially Oregon residents becoming non residents to hunt former Oregon territory and vise versa for the newly Idaho residents.
I live in western Oregon and would hate to apply as a non res for current OTC Oregon Elk units.

As a former Oregon resident and now Idaho. It would be a big boost for Idaho because those are some prime elk units and with some predator management could be as good as they used to be. If it did happen it would be unfortunate for everyone holding out for those units but with point creep there really wasn't a chance for most.

Vaultman

WKR
Funny how I hear this all the time now that I live in Northern Oregon, but when I lived in So. Oregon, I always heard about So-OR and No-CAL joining to be state number 51, the State of Jefferson.
As an Eastern Oregon Hunter, I would be pretty bummed to lose prime hunting ground that I have preference points saved for.
I cannot ever imagine this happening. I have heard about the So-OR and No-CAL thing for 30 years, maybe more. Not sure how long the Ea.OR to ID thing has been being discussed. Anyone know?

Beendare

WKR
For a fringe group to get noticed in Oregon, just riot to get your way, like your Portland counterparts. There are no repercussions and the current admin reimburses your area with federal taxpayer dollars for repairs As part of their ‘Build it back better’ Slogan.

Call it LGBTQ land and its guaranteed to get massive Federal funding too.

Oregtanan

FNG
The website is Greateridaho.org. It is possible. Its really the only way to get Oregon back at this point. Its on the ballot in more than five eastern counties now. If you live here and are tired of rampant failed utopian concepts and want better wildlife management vote for it.

Mike7

WKR
Southern and Eastern Oregon (except Bend now) are full of common sense, freedom and personal responsibility loving, Bill of Rights supporting people, who will stay where they are if they don't continue to be ruled and ran over by the Regressives from Lane, Marion, and Multinomah Counties on the west side. A greater Idaho would open up land for Americans to escape to.

People are coming to Idaho because there are not many enclaves left for people to escape to. I had 3 new clients just today and about 6 total this week, who just moved to N. ID from Southern California. And despite California's great weather and beauty, they weren't sad to go.

You folks are missing the real promise of the great state of Jefferson - 2 more conservative senator and a few more congressmen. Counteract that silly notion to make DC a state.

It'll never happen unless...

DC or PR become states. And if that happens, you'll see a serious stab at NorCal separating, western maryland separating, etc...

wweaver

FNG
Being from eastern WA we talked about this all the time, run a line up the cascades to the Canadian border starting at Eugene then west. Have all of Eastern WA and Oregon outside of this join with Idaho. Keep the southern half of coastal Oregon for some seaport access. Let Portland and Seattle have their circus.