Eastern PA / Philly Area

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
Just moved from Texas up to the north in the northern suburbs of Philadelphia. Anybody around to talk to about local hunting? It's been a culture shock and completely new hunting experience coming from the land I had access to down south.

PMcGee

WKR
I work down that way. There’s a lot of deer down there but it’s tough to get permission to hunt properties. Most public land will probably be pretty crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
pchrisla

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
I work down that way. There’s a lot of deer down there but it’s tough to get permission to hunt properties. Most public land will probably be pretty crowded.

That’s what I’m seeing. I’ve made contact with a few landowners who’s info I got from onx but no luck yet.

And having first kid and wife really wanted to be close to family to help out. Either my family I Montana (not many job opportunities) or hers here. I told her I’d give it 5 years max before we move most likely back.

PMcGee

WKR
That’s what I’m seeing. I’ve made contact with a few landowners who’s info I got from onx but no luck yet.

And having first kid and wife really wanted to be close to family to help out. Either my family I Montana (not many job opportunities) or hers here. I told her I’d give it 5 years max before we move most likely back.

The north central part of the state is nice. Normally not many people around but I was up two weeks ago turkey hunting and fishing and it was mobbed with people. Plenty of public land up in that area to hunt without much pressure. I wish Pennsylvania would get with the times and legalize Sunday hunting. I’d probably hunt it every weekend. It’s tough driving up after work on a Friday only to hunt Saturday.

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in Bucks County, There are a few public gamelands, but they get crowded. Any good public land is at least an hour drive. Private land is hard to get into. I have property in north central Pa. I do most of my hunting there.
If you fish the Delaware river is very good.

OP
pchrisla

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in Bucks County, There are a few public gamelands, but they get crowded. Any good public land is at least an hour drive. Private land is hard to get into. I have property in north central Pa. I do most of my hunting there.
If you fish the Delaware river is very good.

Awesome, yea I'm just inside Bucks in Warminster. I've researched the public land, guess I'm going to log some miles this summer and really dive into the state game lands. Really, the Delaware? I've heard the striped bass come into the river in the spring to spawn so might have to check that out.

I do want to check out the bird hunting though. Seems to be pretty decent for ducks and geese in this area, maybe down into delaware.

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome, yea I'm just inside Bucks in Warminster. I've researched the public land, guess I'm going to log some miles this summer and really dive into the state game lands. Really, the Delaware? I've heard the striped bass come into the river in the spring to spawn so might have to check that out.

I do want to check out the bird hunting though. Seems to be pretty decent for ducks and geese in this area, maybe down into delaware.

There are very few duck options in Pa. I do quite a bit of duck hunting in NJ. Do you have a boat?

OP
pchrisla

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
There are very few duck options in Pa. I do quite a bit of duck hunting in NJ. Do you have a boat?

Unfortunately I sold my Prodrive when I left Texas. Didn't think I would have a need for it up here. Guess I was wrong!