Eastern WA Public Land

jpiazza91

FNG
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any help / advice.

I'm an adult onset hunter living in SE Washington and have been "hunting" (camping with a weapon) for the last 4-5 years now. Sort of trying the self-taught route but considering a guide in the next year or two if I can't make it happen. The last couple years I've found a public area that's not heavily hunted and I've seen legal deer both years but just didn't get the opportunity to make an ethical shot. I'm familiar with the idea of hunting funnels and pinch points between feeding and bedding areas but I guess I'm having trouble identifying the funnel and pinch points in the area I'm seeing deer.

Sort of a rambly post, but if anyone in eastern WA wants to help a 30 year old hunter out, I'm all ears. I do alright waterfowling which I'm also new to, but have struggled with big game hunting. Regardless, I've enjoyed my time out and will continue heading out / funding WDFW with my tags, haha.

Good luck! I wouldn’t know where to start if I were you because luckily I was born into deer camp over 30 years ago and haven’t missed a season. There’s more technology than ever these days tho and some good e-scouting on onx or gohunt maps oughtta help you out. I’m sure you scour youtube, yeah? If you watch enough Samong videos you may pick up some tips - he’s an eastern washington guy and his videos are actually pretty informative.

Whatever you’re doing, keep doing it. A day in the woods is better than any day in the office. Good luck out there.