Eastern Wyoming general deer areas

So my party didn't draw a Montana general deer tag, so it has us looking at other options. 4/5 of us have 1 point for deer in Wyoming. We thought about applying in Wyoming this year as a backup. Looking at last year's draw results, assuming this are relatively the same, being in the <1 category would likely get us tags in many of the eastern general units.

I had done quite a bit of looking into Montana and while the quality of bucks wasn't that great, there seemed to be lots of opportunity. Looking at Wyoming, there doesn't seem to be much of either in the eastern portion of the state. Is it mostly internet doom and gloom? Is the deer situation that bad in that part of the state? We aren't looking for monsters by any means, just to have a good time and hopefully bring home a few bucks and enjoy camp for the week. Has Wyoming had worse weather than Montana lately leading to higher winter kill or something?

Bookhead

FNG
It is pretty terrible. I live there. Very little public ground that is good habitat and the deer that are on it get shot up quick and not much for anything of size. All the numbers and quality are on private land. Deer densities are low overall in those areas

Rich M

WKR
Look at the Gen areas in the middle of the state. Still not a lot of bruiser, just more public access.

I was researching it and decided to go back to CO.

Ursus1975

FNG
Just go with your gut feeling pick the best spot you think you can get and go have deer camp with your buddies. I hunted around the Medicine Bow several times. Its a beautiful place, we saw lots of deer everyday and had an awesome trip. Guess what, no huge bucks and lots of hunters, so what I'd go back to have a good time again.