Eastern Wyoming Mule Deer

RyanHaas

FNG
Wisconsin guy here! I'm heading out this fall (hopefully on Draw) for an archery mule deer hunt in eastern Wyoming. Have any of you archery hunted eastern Wyoming? If so, do you have any tips or tricks. Do's and Dont's. Good spots to find deer? I was out there last fall hunting Antelope with a rifle and only saw one nice Mule deer, but I also wasnt really looking. Anything helps, THANKS!

4rcgoat

WKR
Get up high and glass all day,you dont see many "giants" up high but there are plenty of good bucks. My son rifle hunts the area and always harvests a good buck. Private land on the other hand.............excellent bucks!!!

Attachments

• nqevdaQe-78267598.jpeg
    nqevdaQe-78267598.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 298

4rcgoat

WKR
Not my buck,friend of mines son in law. Im local so never bothered to look at what region we are in. These bucks all come off property at the foothills of the Bighorns,the potential is definitely there.

Attachments

• part0_1(1).jpg
    part0_1(1).jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 199
OP
RyanHaas

RyanHaas

FNG
Not my buck,friend of mines son in law. Im local so never bothered to look at what region we are in. These bucks all come off property at the foothills of the Bighorns,the potential is definitely there.
I’m hunting south of Newcastle, just trying to get a little bit of help to make things a little easier with only a limited amount of time out there

There's some, but not much, public land in the area. It's mostly all private. During rifle season, it gets slammed pretty hard with antelope and deer hunters afield at the same time. Can't speak to archery season, though I would think it should be less pressured.

OP
RyanHaas

RyanHaas

FNG
There's some, but not much, public land in the area. It's mostly all private. During rifle season, it gets slammed pretty hard with antelope and deer hunters afield at the same time. Can't speak to archery season, though I would think it should be less pressured.
You know that area well?

Jgriff

FNG
I've hunted that area lots of times over the last 20 years for antelope. Actually going to do another antelope hunt this year, but for the first time I'm going to try archery mule deer before the lopes. The population of mule deer has been steadily increasing in that area over the last several years. I don't have real tidbits to give you since this is my first stab at it too, but I wish you luck and maybe we'll run into each other somewhere. My plan is try and hunt some of the ravines and cuts that I can get some cover from.

wytx

WKR
You may just find a buck in velvet that early.
Before they shed that velvet you may find buck groups still in feeding mode. After they shed, solitary mature bucks.

clwg97

FNG
I will be in the area as well starting last few days of September into first week of October. Region B general tag here. First time hunting west of Kansas.