Eastern Wyoming Mule Deer

New here and not too hi-jack a thread but looking for some in-put, heading too Wyoming for mule deer this October, will hunt area C private ranch, was out 2019 for Antelope and shot a decent goat in the area I will hunt this October, during the antelope hunt seen some decent bucks. Was wondering how thing are going out that way for the deer.

Laramie

WKR
New here and not too hi-jack a thread but looking for some in-put, heading too Wyoming for mule deer this October, will hunt area C private ranch, was out 2019 for Antelope and shot a decent goat in the area I will hunt this October, during the antelope hunt seen some decent bucks. Was wondering how thing are going out that way for the deer.
Not all private ranches are created the same and region C is big so it's really hard to answer your question. Some ranches are doing pretty good. Moisture is down this year but nothing super terrible. Should be ok antler growth if the bucks are there.

Will be in area 29 of region C last week of Oct. season, 10th thru the 14th Near the Big Horn mountain range. As I stated seen some nice deer in 2019 and that was the week after the deer season closed in that area, not looking for a super racked mulie but would like a nice representive. But if the right white tail happens too make a apperance I will take him. Thanks for the kick back.

Not trying to hijack. My buddy has hunted Wyoming years past region C. He said apply and we will hunt together. I got drawn NR general rifle. Buddy says hey sorry I got orders out of country. So I am looking at going solo. Never hunted mule deer a day in my life. My question is can boots on the ground get it done in Region C. Is anyone else solo and looking for a partner?

Not trying to hijack. My buddy has hunted Wyoming years past region C. He said apply and we will hunt together. I got drawn NR general rifle. Buddy says hey sorry I got orders out of country. So I am looking at going solo. Never hunted mule deer a day in my life. My question is can boots on the ground get it done in Region C. Is anyone else solo and looking for a partner?
Where are you coming from?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4rcgoat

WKR
That is a stud!
This particular guy sticks some of the biggest mule deer ive ever seen in this area,somehow he has access to a lot of private property, i believe there are comparable deer on public lands, but i hardly see them unfortunately.

This particular guy sticks some of the biggest mule deer ive ever seen in this area,somehow he has access to a lot of private property, i believe there are comparable deer on public lands, but i hardly see them unfortunately.
Thank you for the reassuring words. Wish everyone success. I have heard the only way to be successful in Region C is private land. Wife said just get an outfitter, but I think I am going to beat the bushes of public land.

zekesteve

FNG
Not my buck,friend of mines son in law. Im local so never bothered to look at what region we are in. These bucks all come off property at the foothills of the Bighorns,the potential is definitely there.
We were just south of the Bighorns this Sep, archery elk and I think we saw his cousin one evening. headed back to camp from glassing and suddenly he just stepped out of a draw, 40 yds from the truck. 4x4 with trash, we just looked at him in awe

4rcgoat

WKR
We were just south of the Bighorns this Sep, archery elk and I think we saw his cousin one evening. headed back to camp from glassing and suddenly he just stepped out of a draw, 40 yds from the truck. 4x4 with trash, we just looked at him in awe
They are few and far between, but they do exist!

bmrfish

WKR
Any hunt report here? It is kind of a courtesy when signing on asking for info ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll bump for Region B. How was it this year?
Had a great hunt in B in 2020. This year was awful. Hunted the same 40,000 ac ranch hard and only saw a few 2x2 and 3x3 dinks. Don't know if it was the EHD, the drought or consecutive years with late winter storms, that just took a huge toll on mature bucks that were already severely depleted post rut.

Thinking of researching a new area this year, but it's tough with 0 points.

Last edited:
Region C this past Oct. hunt, first day our group shot two, one a decent 3x3 and the other a 3x2 next day rained all day hunted but nothing worth going after, next two days was a blizzard and snowed in, going back in 2023 if tags are drawn, If the weather would of cooperated a bit I am sure there would of been opportunity for a nicer buck or two in the group, but hey thats deer hunting.

TxA

FNG
Not my buck,friend of mines son in law. Im local so never bothered to look at what region we are in. These bucks all come off property at the foothills of the Bighorns,the potential is definitely there.
Great archery buck!

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Region B was tough this year. I was the only one in my group of 6 that was successful. We hunt all public. Talked with one outfitter who hunts the private next to me and he said they were really struggling to fill tags as well. Drought and EHD were a big concern for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk