Eastmans Article on CPW

BigDog00

WKR
OFF THE RAILS… - Eastmans' Official Blog | Mule Deer, Antelope, Elk Hunting and Bowhunting Magazine | Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Does anyone have more info on this? I would guess this is a HUGE no-no. The article says the CPW fly into Platte County but I would guess it was Carbon or Albany. Either way I would imagine there are some CPW employees in hot water right now.

Also, how do you "reintroduce" wolves when they already have collared wolves in the state? (not trying to start a shit storm)

I had a similar thought earlier when I read a different article. This seems like a sensationalized article by Eastman's though.

My one hope is that showing a collared wolf in Colorado could delay trucking others in...

It’s an example of how slanted and sensationalized our news is these days. Two outfits telling the same story and the two versions are quite different.
Sad considering how simple of a story this one seems to be.

Marble

WKR
It’s an example of how slanted and sensationalized our news is these days. Two outfits telling the same story and the two versions are quite different.
Sad considering how simple of a story this one seems to be.
I agree. This is like 3rd party sexual harassment. Someone getting offended for someone else, because they should have been offended.

Not a big deal.

It's interesting to hear the story and I'm always interested in the biological stuff that goes on with game management. But, would prefer the story to be written a little less sensational.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Jethro

WKR
Hard to believe the Eastmans version if they couldn’t even pick a county that is on the border of Colorado. Hard to trust/believe any info they put out anymore.

RamDreamer

Lil-Rokslider
I have not subscribed to Eastmans in almost a decade. They overly sensationalize every little thing they can, plus try to pit everyone against everyone.

OP
B

BigDog00

WKR
When I first started reading it I imagined the CPW was up by Yellowstone trying to trap a bunch of wolves and move them down to CO. The article does seem a bit overboard. It doesn't seem clear, but I would have thought that the CPW would have alerted the WY G&F about the possibility of this happening before they flew in. I guess its better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I’m sure, just like most other states and countries that border each other they have a long working relationship and history of joint collaboration and agreement on work with the herds and species that cross the border yearly or even daily.
I just can’t imagine the 2 outfits being less than cooperative with each other.

Laramie

WKR
I’m sure, just like most other states and countries that border each other they have a long working relationship and history of joint collaboration and agreement on work with the herds and species that cross the border yearly or even daily.
I just can’t imagine the 2 outfits being less than cooperative with each other.
There is no love lost between Wyoming and Colorado. Yes, they do work together out of necessity on some things, but they disagree on plenty.

Mtnboy

WKR
Hard to believe the Eastmans version if they couldn’t even pick a county that is on the border of Colorado. Hard to trust/believe any info they put out anymore.
Kinda sad but was once an "institution" in Western Hunting is now just trying to hang on in a media world that has passed it by....

wyodan

WKR
Kinda sad but was once an "institution" in Western Hunting is now just trying to hang on in a media world that has passed it by....
Gordon Eastman has what I still consider the greatest hunting/fishing movies. Those currently running the hunting media for that family don't hold a candle to the old man. I have multiple reasons I don't like their publications, and no longer support them.