Eastmans Article on CPW

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like it's turning into a real Western Showdown between WY and CO.

I'm a very small part of that "move Weld county" thing, tech support. Would be wonderful, but it's a big lift .. WY would certainly vote to ok it, CO hates us, but the county's $2B revenue would probably kabosh it. If it doesn't, the house (or Senate? Not clear) also has to approve.
Crossing my fingers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eastern Washington and Eastern Oregon are wanting/trying similar moves. Tired of not being represented by the politicians and over ruled by the votes of the liberal city folk.
I think there are big State constitution hurdles and a state government that would have nothing to gain from allowing part of their state to leave.

One could hope it would at least get the Politicians attention and drive meaningful change, but I think that's probably a dream as well.

Ralphie

WKR
Wyoming would want you? I don’t think so. Sorry but why would we want 320k+ people that are going to have all the benefits of Wyoming spending all their money and working in colorado? I’m sorry for your situation in colorado but I’m not in favor of this and have already called my rep about it. Many states wouldn’t even feel that many new folks but we have Less than 600k people now.

def90

WKR
Wyoming would want you? I don’t think so. Sorry but why would we want 320k+ people that are going to have all the benefits of Wyoming spending all their money and working in colorado? I’m sorry for your situation in colorado but I’m not in favor of this and have already called my rep about it. Many states wouldn’t even feel that many new folks but we have Less than 600k people now.

If Weld County became part of Wyoming those people would be spending all their money and working Wyoming..

Would never happen anyway, Colorado isn't giving up a huge $$ market and the Feds would likely frown upon and stomp out any changes to the geography of any states.

Ralphie

WKR
Some of them would. Many if not most would be commuting back to colorado and shopping there.