Eastmans Clothing Article?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have an article coming up in Extreme Elk on layering systems and just finished weighing all of the items, so when I finished reading the recent article in EHJ I noticed my weights were off by a few ounces (several in some cases) to what Eastmans had come up with.

Did anyone else notice that, or are the 3 scales I'm using all bad?

Let me know as I am very curious what you guys came up with!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't think it's the sizes, but I could be wrong.

I weighed XL's in my testing and a few weights that Eastmans had were several ounces heavier than mine, so I kinda rules that out already.

7mag.

WKR
Guy is like 6'4" or something isn't he? Maybe he was testing a tall size or an XXL. If you were using 3 scales, and they all match up, it's probably not you.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Who knows, but maybe someone with a scale can chime in.

I weighed a bunch of XL clothing from all the manufacturers today and the #'s aren't jiving. I have a buddy with some XXL Long stuff and I'll see what those weigh.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe the people that paid the most came up with the littlest weight. Or they sent him special clothing.

Yukondog

WKR
Here is what my XL gear weights on my scale. Are these numbers close to what you have?

185 top 8.1oz
250 top 11.05oz
Guide Jacket 25.25oz
Vest 14.00 oz

36" attack pant 18 oz

dotman

WKR
Biggest thing I noticed was lack of testing on first lite products, only covered baselayers but nothing else, disapointment but their mag has been a disapointment for awhile, my sub will not be renewed. Good thing two new pubs came out!

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
What kind of scale are you using? I'm in need of a new one that is had a larger base plate so I can weigh more things..

Larry, good idea/suggestion with the check weights. I know they sell them for reloading and the like.

Did anyone else think that the layering systems on Eastman were a bit gear heavy? My mix is a bit different and can save some weight.. Even more if you are not 100% with one company....

Last edited: