Easton 75 grain ss half out vs Brass HIT

Finishing up my arrow build for this fall
Running victory Rip tko's 29 inches carbon to carbon with stock nock and 3 aae max stealth. Trying to decide what to run up front. I've always liked hit inserts with my older axis builds, but started to play with the easton stainless 75 grain halfouts. I really like the simplicity of the install with them and the fact that I don't need a collar to shore up the front of the arrow. I hear people talk about the half outs bending, but haven't yet had this experience.

Does anybody have direct experience with both?

What are the pros and cons?

Thanks guys

I’ve used the factory aluminum halfouts on the 4mm axis long range arrows and have yet to bend one or shatter the carbon around them after missing target and hitting various things (wood, rocks, trees).

Zac

WKR
If your on the border for spine it may be an issue. Moving the pivot point up, as well as adding 25 grains is gonna weaken that shaft.

OP
E
If your on the border for spine it may be an issue. Moving the pivot point up, as well as adding 25 grains is gonna weaken that shaft.
I would hope I'm not, but that's something I hadn't considered.
72# 31 inch ventum 33, 29 inch carbon to carbon 250 spine rip tko. On target has me ok, but you just never really know

The con i had with half outs was it seemed I had more arrows that didn’t spin true. Im by no means a great arrow builder so could have been user error , I went back to hits. I never use a collar or footer on my Axis and they have been durable

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
When I built some of my RIP TKO's I had some Ethics 100gr SS halfouts laying around so I put those in three arrows to try them, and use 100's on those arrows. The rest have 75gr brass HIT's with 125's. They both shoot the same, but I still prefer the slick clean look and feel using the HIT's. But once you throw a BH on the end, it doesn't really matter because they're all bigger than the shaft.

After running half outs for a long time, I built a set with Easton HIT’s and an ethics aluminum collar.

I’ve shot them a decent bit now, and greatly prefer the HIT with the collar. They’re “harder” to install, but they’re tough. I’ve had a couple hit some rock hard ground from sighting in, and they still spin true. I’ve done the same with a variety of half-outs and they’ve all bent.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I'm using the Goldtip Traditional Classic Inserts size 600 (72 grains) in my RIP TKOs and I really like the fit and function. They are stainless steel and have been extremely durable.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
E
I'm using the Goldtip Traditional Classic Inserts size 600 (72 grains) in my RIP TKOs and I really like the fit and function. They are stainless steel and have been extremely durable.

NC

My rip tko gamers have them and I like them, but found the fit to be inconsistent in a couple. Didn't know if it was me or what the deal was...

ncavi8tor

WKR
My rip tko gamers have them and I like them, but found the fit to be inconsistent in a couple. Didn't know if it was me or what the deal was...
I haven't experienced any fit issues in a dozen Elites and a dozen Gamers that I built.

NC

OP
E
I haven't experienced any fit issues in a dozen Elites and a dozen Gamers that I built.

NC

How snug are they supposes to fit? Some of my arrows they would fall out and some were snug. Wasn't sure if it was the arrows or the components

ncavi8tor

WKR
How snug are they supposes to fit? Some of my arrows they would fall out and some were snug. Wasn't sure if it was the arrows or the components
After I used a bronze bore brush in the shaft and cleaned it thoroughly with acetone I didn't notice any difference in fitment. I used blue hot melt on one dozen and AAE Max Impact Glue on the other dozen and they've all been solid after thousands of shots. Wished I had used the blue hot melt on all of them.

NC

TheViking

WKR

NC

What OD field point are these suppose to accept? 5/16”, or a 17/64” to be flush?

hwy1strat

WKR
I used to run the brass inserts on my axis arrows and just switched to the half outs this year. So far, I love them and they have proven to add some durability to the arrows. I will be sticking with these going forward

JStol5

WKR
I’ll tell you, I use stock axis aluminum HIT inserts with ironwill collars and they are so damn tough. Probably would be even more so if I used brass. I think it’s a great system and I have no intention of changing soon.

OP
E
I’ll tell you, I use stock axis aluminum HIT inserts with ironwill collars and they are so damn tough. Probably would be even more so if I used brass. I think it’s a great system and I have no intention of changing soon.
That's really not a bad way to go at all, I just can't quite get where I want with total weight up front for hunting with them.

What arrow and point weight do you run?

Finishing up my arrow build for this fall
Running victory Rip tko's 29 inches carbon to carbon with stock nock and 3 aae max stealth. Trying to decide what to run up front. I've always liked hit inserts with my older axis builds, but started to play with the easton stainless 75 grain halfouts. I really like the simplicity of the install with them and the fact that I don't need a collar to shore up the front of the arrow. I hear people talk about the half outs bending, but haven't yet had this experience.

Does anybody have direct experience with both?

What are the pros and cons?

Thanks guys
Have not shot the easton half outs, but a good amount of BE half outs, and lots of brass hit inserts, the half outs bend, I use hot melt on them only so I can switch them out… starting a build, I personally would not pick half outs, I would go with brass hits, or iron will hits depending on the weight you are trying to get up front, and foot them