Easton Axis - Flaw/Issue?

CB4

WKR
Has anyone ever seen an Easton Axis 5mm arrow mushroom at the base of where the insert is?

I was inspecting my test arrows last night and notice there is a ridge/mushroom on the arrow right where the backend base of the insert would be inside the shaft.

It is easier to see on the 300 spine arrow but there is a smaller one on the 250 spine as well.Axis.jpg

Beendare

WKR
Ive been shooting Axis off and on for close to 3 decades, Ive never seen that.

Are you using Acetone or other solvent to clean them?

that's exactly what mine looked like after I put a drill in the nock end and was whipping it to try to knock the insert out, but the 24 hour epoxy held on to tight and it mushroomed the end just like that

Agreed with the above. Ive been using pretty much axis 5mm only for 8+ years and the only time Ive seen that is when I tried to drill bit slam the insert out. Only other thing I can think of is if you bought them with the hit pre installed and someone used an expanding glue like gorilla glue instead of the epoxy. Thats probably far fetched, but Ive seen people do stranger things.

OP
CB4

CB4

WKR
The inserts are epoxied in. However I have not done that drill bit trick to try and get them out. These were just test arrows to compare them to BE Rampages so I am not worried about these in particular.