Easton Axis Trad vs Black Eagle Instincts

R Davis

FNG
I have not used either but based on the length of the arrows alone I’d go with the black eagles. You could have a smaller gap with the longer black eagle arrows at 34”.

Beendare

WKR
I am using the Easton Axis Trad. Very tough and forgiving arrow.
I can second that...haven't used the black eagles.

The other shafts I like are those Beman Centershot. A tiny bit bigger in diameter over axis....but not much...and 25% cheaper. I think I will be sticking with those Centershots in the future.

CJC

FNG
I’ve used both but have used the instincts for the last 2 years. I had an issue bending or boogering the halfserts that were in the axis. Have killed quite a bit of game with the instincts and have been very pleased.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The Axis trads leave a lot to be desired to me over the Beman MFX Classics they replaced. The MFX was a much better arrow with higher GPI than the Axis trads. Haven't tried the Instincts yet. Wouldn't mind trying the Victory trad shafts but Victory doesn't make a shaft long enough for long draw guys, either compound or traditional. The tapered shafts from Arrow Dynamics, if you can find them, are another option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rambler

FNG
The Axis trads leave a lot to be desired to me over the Beman MFX Classics they replaced. The MFX was a much better arrow with higher GPI than the Axis trads. Haven't tried the Instincts yet. Wouldn't mind trying the Victory trad shafts but Victory doesn't make a shaft long enough for long draw guys, either compound or traditional. The tapered shafts from Arrow Dynamics, if you can find them, are another option.

Hey sneaky, What exactly do you like about the Bemans over the Axis. I've been shooting the Axis for a couple years now and have been completely happy with them. Maybe I'm missing out not trying the Bemans?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hey sneaky, What exactly do you like about the Bemans over the Axis. I've been shooting the Axis for a couple years now and have been completely happy with them. Maybe I'm missing out not trying the Bemans?
They don't make the MFX Classics with the wood grain finish anymore. They seem to recover quicker out of the bow, and have a thicker wall and higher grains per inch than the Axis trads. I still don't know why they took a perfectly fine trad arrow and discontinued it and replaced it with a lighter version. I've still got a handful of them that I've not cut or fletched. Saving them for a special occasion I guess.

Rambler

FNG
They don't make the MFX Classics with the wood grain finish anymore. They seem to recover quicker out of the bow, and have a thicker wall and higher grains per inch than the Axis trads. I still don't know why they took a perfectly fine trad arrow and discontinued it and replaced it with a lighter version. I've still got a handful of them that I've not cut or fletched. Saving them for a special occasion I guess.

Thanks, I look at the Bemans if I ever go through these Eastons..

i like the Instincts but was looking at trying the Axis Trads too. the instincts don't seem nearly as durable as the Axis arrows I've used in the past.