Easton Axis VS Injections w/ titanium outsert.

JAGR

FNG
Wanted to know if anyone is shooting the new outsert on the injections? I’ve shot the Axis 300 for years and they’re great shafts.

Considering going to a micro shaft but I’m an Easton fanboy lol.

Also I am worried that I would be weak with a 330 spined arrow and a 55 grain outsert.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
IMHO they are more pros with the axis shafts. 5mm vs 4mm not that big of a deal for me. The 4mm outserts are very expensive and I've never been a fan of outserts. Adding 55 grains up front will weaken the spine a bit but the same goes for using the brass 50 or 75 grain inserts for the axis arrows. Now the "Pro" axis shafts are out with the .001 or better they will have on paper better "spec" than the injexions although I've never seen my injexions be more than .002 on my Ram tester....

MattB

WKR
I should have the outserts soon to give a spin, will report back.

I've seen the Carbon Injexion 330s run out > + or - 0.003" Had to send 8 of 36 shafts back to Easton from when I bought my first Injextions back in 2013 or '14. More recently I only had 1 of 24 that did not meet their spec. I use the Firenock outserts put on with Bohning Hot Melt glue and like the system. They have been very tough and make excellent hunting shafts. I sort out the straightest ones for broadhead use and relegate the ones near the allowable maximum tolerance to field point use. Spine consistency is a lot better than my Goldtip Hunters that I used previously. Good luck with your choice.

OP
JAGR

JAGR

FNG
If I add 50 grains up front to my 300 match grade axis I’ll be at ~505 as opposed to the standard 16 grain hit which puts me at ~455.

Thoughts?

Thess87

WKR
I have 75 grains brass in front of my match grades which puts me at 548. There flying great but haven’t had em long enough to say more than that.

Bumping this thread up. I’m thinking about going from axis to injexions. Has anybody had any issues with the half out inserts?

Zac

WKR
Is there a new micro outsert? Or is this the same 55 grain titanium one?

I sure like the Injexions with outserts (and the Deep-6 SS insert installed for reinforcing and a bit more FOC). I spot and stalked a couple black bears this spring and again had excellent performance with them again...one a decent boar I shot thru the shoulder blade into the spine. Haven't boiled the spine out yet but the 100 gr 3-blade 1-1/2" NAP Spitfire is in there. The Injexion survived him rolling over on the shaft, but the broadhead shank got broken off when he rolled on it.

nphunter

WKR
I have both 300 Axis with 50gr of brass and IW collars and 330 Injexions with Ti inserts.

The injexions weigh 465gr with three max hunters and a 4”wrap with a 100gr head.
My Axis weigh 502gr with a 5” wrap and 6 small vanes.

I really don’t have much interest in the 4mm shafts. I shot Injexions and VAP arrows for years and honestly don’t think they’re worth the hassle of outserts or deep six components. If your satisfied with some of the deep six heads they are great but I like to mess around with heads and there isn’t a huge selection in deep six.

As far as the Ti inserts they seem nice but it’s still a piece that puts more leverage on the very end of the shaft. I’m right on the border doe spine and wanted to try the 330’s to see if they group better and honestly I mainly just bought them because I got a great buy. I figure my son can shoot them and they should last forever out of a 50lb bow and with a couple dozen the should last a while. I figured out the cost though and the Injexions worn the Ti come out to about $260 a dozen if a person Fletched theirselves. That’s about the same as set of built Axis Match Grades with brass inserts and IW collars. IMO the axis is defiantly a better all around shaft and I fee like they will outlast the Injexions with the outserts.

I thought about footing the shafts. I also thought about using gold tip components since they already have a footer.
I’ll have to play around with them to find out how durable they are. I don’t want to mess with deep six inserts if I can help it.

Zac

WKR
I thought about footing the shafts. I also thought about using gold tip components since they already have a footer.
I’ll have to play around with them to find out how durable they are. I don’t want to mess with deep six inserts if I can help it.
If your talking about Injexions they were the most fragile shaft I ever used. Literally the best and the worst. Extremely consistent, but misjudge one 3D target and arrow is toast.

I shoot the 4mm FMJ 330’s with ethics archery inserts/footers. 540 grain arrow that is beefy as hell and fly extremely well. The inserts are easy to put together and you can spin em while they are setting up to make sure everything is hunky-dory.
6F29667E-9E4E-4543-95ED-4467B506C72C.jpegDCC129BA-58FE-40CF-AFE3-4ED05931D4B1.jpeg

nphunter

WKR

I would skip the gold tip stuff, I have them on my kids arrows and he bends them shooting a 40-50lb bow.

Wanted to know if anyone is shooting the new outsert on the injections? I’ve shot the Axis 300 for years and they’re great shafts.

Considering going to a micro shaft but I’m an Easton fanboy lol.

Also I am worried that I would be weak with a 330 spined arrow and a 55 grain outsert.

Thoughts?

Those half in/half out inserts sucked. They spun ok-ish but any angled impact would blow out the side of the arrow especially the at higher FPS.