Easton FMJ Injexion 4mm Arrows and Right Helical Jigs?

Berger024

WKR
I'm using a Bohning Blazer 3 degree Right Helical Jig on some 280 Easton 4mm FMJ Injexions with Easton's Bully Boattail (pretty much the same footprint as a Blazer) and I am not getting great front and rear vane contact on the shaft. I understand it is due to the 4mm arrow shaft.
What are you guys using for your small shafted arrows? If you are using a fletching device besides the Bohning one I have currently, Bitzenburger or the like, I would love to hear what you are using successfully. I am a stickler for details and definitely take my time wrapping and fletching. I want something that works 100%.

I've seen quite a few posts on the interweb stating guys have "never had an issue" using the Bohning I have. This is not the case for me. I have fletched over 10 dozen arrows that were 5mm without issue, the 4mm ones however are giving me quite a bit of sass...

Thanks!

Zac

WKR
You just have to change the angle of the offset slightly. Make sure your dry fit is contacting perfectly. You can also use an adhesion pen. The real fix is a Vane Master Pro. You can achieve any helical offset you want on any diameter shaft. Clamp style jigs will never be capable of that.

Zac

WKR
Yeah I think offset is probably just fine if you are running a compound. I think the only time helical is totally neccessary is for trad set ups.

TheViking

WKR
I'm using a Bohning Blazer 3 degree Right Helical Jig on some 280 Easton 4mm FMJ Injexions with Easton's Bully Boattail (pretty much the same footprint as a Blazer) and I am not getting great front and rear vane contact on the shaft. I understand it is due to the 4mm arrow shaft.
What are you guys using for your small shafted arrows? If you are using a fletching device besides the Bohning one I have currently, Bitzenburger or the like, I would love to hear what you are using successfully. I am a stickler for details and definitely take my time wrapping and fletching. I want something that works 100%.

I've seen quite a few posts on the interweb stating guys have "never had an issue" using the Bohning I have. This is not the case for me. I have fletched over 10 dozen arrows that were 5mm without issue, the 4mm ones however are giving me quite a bit of sass...

Thanks!
How do you like these Bullys? I have shot the Boat Tail version in a 4 fletch and love them. I want to drop some weight off the back and run a 3 fletch. The regular one are taller, so wanting to test them. How do they compare to a Blazer or a Fusion II ?

OP
Berger024

Berger024

WKR
How do you like these Bullys? I have shot the Boat Tail version in a 4 fletch and love them. I want to drop some weight off the back and run a 3 fletch. The regular one are taller, so wanting to test them. How do they compare to a Blazer or a Fusion II ?
My arrows are the most accurate they have ever been. The material and finished product are much smoother than the Blazers. I always thought the blazers looked like they were made on a 3D printer... The only issue I have had was them sticking. I have them on wraps, but unsure of the exact issue. Haven't narrowed down if it's the wraps or not. I didn't use an Easton adhesive prep pen, but did try 3 different kinds of adhesive. Still had an issue with them holding. I wanted the boat-tail, but at the time I couldn't find them available anywhere online. They're cheaper than Blazers and they give you a nice quantity of them. If I can resolve the adhesion issue, I'll be very happy.

TheViking

WKR
I used 90% rubbing alcohol, no good. Acetone is what I need? Thanks!!!!

Yes sir!

That’s what al those ‘primer pens’ are.

Go pickup one of these at Lowe’s - it’ll last you years for like $10-$15

5ca36f4b94cd5c53446e2c461c482ca1.jpg

OP
Berger024

Berger024

WKR
Yes sir!

That’s what al those ‘primer pens’ are.

Go pickup one of these at Lowe’s - it’ll last you years for like $10-$15

5ca36f4b94cd5c53446e2c461c482ca1.jpg
Well, I really appreciate you saving me from needless and unwanted trial and error. I like the wraps and I’m very happy with the Easton Bully’s. I was never confident in these expensive arrows that took some time to build because of the adhesion issue and sloppiness of the job. They have way more adhesive than I need to use typically. Thanks for skipping me way ahead on the learning curve!