Easton Hexx durability?

Yoter

FNG
Looking at arrows for my new RX-1 Ultra.
Set up:

72 lbs
31.5 draw length
30 inch arrow length (carbon to carbon)

Looking at Easton Hexx (250 spine) 75g brass insert, 125 fixed broadhead, heat vanes, finishing at 501g.

Any issues with durability?

I have shot Black eagle last few years with sucess. Looking at lower grains-per-inch shafts to add weight up front.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

big44a4

WKR
Looking at arrows for my new RX-1 Ultra.
Set up:

72 lbs
31.5 draw length
30 inch arrow length (carbon to carbon)

Looking at Easton Hexx (250 spine) 75g brass insert, 125 fixed broadhead, heat vanes, finishing at 501g.

Any issues with durability?

I have shot Black eagle last few years with sucess. Looking at lower grains-per-inch shafts to add weight up front.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nope. I’ve missed my target and hit some rocks 3 times. Only 1 arrow cracked at the nock. The other 2 still shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandal 44

WKR
I have been shooting the Hexx 330 for about three and they have been great. The only time I broke a Hexx is when I missed the target and hit a rock, I had a Hexx brake when the cow elk I shot fell over on the arrow (I did not get a pass through)

Tim G

FNG
I'm considering either the Hexx shaft or the 6MM UA Axis. Not sure if anyone has had any experience with both. I shot the regular axis for years but I'm just not a fan if the HIT insert setup.

big44a4

WKR
I'm considering either the Hexx shaft or the 6MM UA Axis. Not sure if anyone has had any experience with both. I shot the regular axis for years but I'm just not a fan if the HIT insert setup.

Both arrows are more durable IMO as they use the H insert. Depends how heavy of an arrow you want to use and if you are about FOC or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim G

FNG
I'm also a fan of he H nocks and inserts. I've been shooting Easton Aftermaths and feel either the Hexx or UA 6MM Axis would be a solid arrow with better tolerances. I would continue to shoot the aluminum insert with the Axis and 100 up front. Or, go with the Hexx, 50 grain brass and a 100 up front.

Not sure if the 50 grain insert would force me to jump out of 400's. 60lb RX3 @ 27.5 draw. Arrows cut to 27.5.

I have 6 yrs with the Hexx great arrow my setup 28 in 50 gr insert 100 gr head foc 13% 420 gr total 70 lb mathews chill R getting 288 fps

I vote for da'torch. Same arrow as the Hexx but with a full length arrow wrap. They don't cost much more-just saw some on camofire recently for $115 a dozen. The white on the back part of the arrow makes for good visibility and easy blood analysis. The arrow wrap also seems to be tougher against scratches from tight groups, pass-throughs etc. Where it really shines is refletching. You can cut and scrape the old stuff off without compromising the carbon, and yet fletchings still get excellent adhesion. IMO
Been shooting 330s 27" 50 gr brass insert 100gr point Bohning Ice vanes total 400 gr.
Just over 300 with defiant turbo. My favorite arrow setup. I may go with something heavier Idaho mulleys

Last edited:

Mcmacsten

FNG
Been shooting hexx for 2 years. 260 spine 200grain head 530 overall weight. I’ve snapped a fair share but always from hitting rock. Very straight consistent arrow