Easton HIT epoxy alternative?

FacePlant

FNG
Has anyone used a 2 part epoxy that performs similar to Easton’s on their HIT inserts? Preferably something a little more readily available (hardware or big box store)? Thanks!

I’ve used the blue top gorilla super glue impact tough formula but you have to be QUICK!!

Trial153

WKR
Has anyone used a 2 part epoxy that performs similar to Easton’s on their HIT inserts? Preferably something a little more readily available (hardware or big box store)? Thanks!
Two part expoxy is the way to go.
Gorrila glue and loktight both make a two part epoxy that works well. I order it on Amazon but I am sure you can get in a local brick and mortar as well.
I stay clear of super glue for inserts even the impact resistant stuff as I have seen it get brittle and fail.

OP
FacePlant

FacePlant

FNG
Thanks, I picked up some gorilla weld epoxy (grey stuff) to try out. It appears to have the same slower full cure time as Easton’s. With 2” long brass inserts, a little extra working time is nice. We’ll see how it holds up on a couple of stump safari hikes!

At the pro shop I work at we usually ditch the Easton 2 part epoxy that comes with the HIT inserts. Instead we use the Easton Quick Bond adhesive. It is orange in color and bonds within about 10 seconds. You are not giving up any durability and we have been doing it this way for years without fail.

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
With any epoxy it has to be a slow(24hr) cure epoxy. As a shop owner I tried the Gorilla glue because it was readily available. It cost me more in time and inserts than you or I will really know. Switched to AAE epoxy (the same as easton) and not a single complaint. Faster cure just doesn't bond to the shaft. I have thrown an arrow by hand head first into the floor and had inserts pop loose.
As far as fast set (super glue) type, I have had great success with the stuff Blackeagle sells. It is much thicker than standard and takes a little longer to cure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord