• FMJ

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Axis

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

2rocky

WKR
Correction...

You are looking for an ARROW with a .300 spine deflection.

all 3 are good. Would you like a heavier or lighter arrow? In the same spine that is all you are really changing. You must have a long arrow or 125 gr Broadheads.

I shoot Axis but I have shot ACC's.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
What didn't you like about the injexions? If you didn't like them I doubt you will like the axis, basically the same thing except I found the injexions a little more durable, and obviously a little skinnier.

FMJ's, I used those for a good bit of time. Bent quite a few of them. If your really careful with your arrows they are a good choice. Im glad I shoot the injexions over them now.

Cant speak for the acc line, but they do have the ability to bend as well.

OR Archer

WKR
Id suggest a 340 Axis. It would give you a good balance between speed and weight for penetration. Plus they are very durable.

OP
Brandon Pattison
Correction...

You are looking for an ARROW with a .300 spine deflection.

all 3 are good. Would you like a heavier or lighter arrow? In the same spine that is all you are really changing. You must have a long arrow or 125 gr Broadheads.

I shoot Axis but I have shot ACC's.

28" arrow. I have 3 each Easton Excels in 300, 340 and 400 spine. I use them to gauge what arrows I need since I am on the edge of spine chart groups. Typically it leans towards stiffer for me.

I am more concerned with accuracy but I HATE bending arrows.

OP
Brandon Pattison
What didn't you like about the injexions? If you didn't like them I doubt you will like the axis, basically the same thing except I found the injexions a little more durable, and obviously a little skinnier.

FMJ's, I used those for a good bit of time. Bent quite a few of them. If your really careful with your arrows they are a good choice. Im glad I shoot the injexions over them now.

Cant speak for the acc line, but they do have the ability to bend as well.

I never broke an Axis on a deer but I did an Injexion last year. I've used Axis shafts since they came out in green and orange graphics. Very durable indeed. I don't like the stupid thread on the Injexion but I understand why. I figured the thicker walled Injexions would be more durable but perhaps it was just a fluke.

If someone could prove to me that Excels were as accurate as an ACC I would use them since I'd be less afraid to shoot at birds and squirrels because I wouldn't care if I lost one. I'm still pissed about the Injexion I skipped off my 3D's back (wrong pin) last year among loads of recurve-shot Axis arrows in the CRP grass.

That said, Axis vs. Injexion?

I really like my new Injexions. They perform super well in a cross wind. I shot them with some decent wind today, and there was no measurable effect out to 40 yds.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This is a good dilemma - three great arrow shafts and you can't really go wrong with any of them in my opinion... I've got a lot of experience with the A/C/C's and the FMJ's and I'm currently using Injexions. For absolute consistency (accuracy) I believe the Injexions are best, followed closely by the A/C/C, the FMJ, and then the Axis. In terms of durability, the Axis is best followed by the Injexion. The A/C/C and the FMJ's have about the same durability in my opinion. The A/C/C's and Injexions will be your fastest options followed closely by the Axis and then the FMJ. The Injexion is only offered down to .330 spine in the A/C version so that may not work for you and you would be paying a premium for those shafts.

If you can shoot the lighter spine and broadhead you want to in a deep-six configuration, the Injexion is the best all around arrow of the bunch. If you're primarily hunting elk and you want to shoot standard 8-32 thread broadheads I would lean toward the FMJ and Axis. The A/C/C is a fabulous all around arrow, and at the draw weight/draw length you're shooting it will pack plenty of energy to penetrate any North american game out there. However, in a 3-71 the slightly larger diameter and lighter weight would probably make it drift slightly more in the wind and penetrate a little less than the others.

Like I said they're all great shafts, but my top choice of the three you mentioned would probably be the FMJ or Axis. I love the way the A/C/C performs, but it's much easier to get components like brass inserts for the Axis and FMJ so that nudges them very slightly ahead of the A/C/C in my book. I really like the 50 grain brass HIT inserts in the Axis/FMJ shafts with a 100 grain broadhead.

Great input from everyone - lots of Rok solid experience here!

Coop

Whisky

WKR
Coop, have you tested/thoughts on the Easton Epics (discontinued I know)?

And, since the OP is inquiring about the smaller selection of .300 spine shafts, what are some of the better options out there currently in that spine?

Wrench77

WKR
I have just about the same setup as you. Spyder Turbo 30" draw at 70 pounds. I went with the ACC's over the FMJ's because I didn't want to lose the that much speed from the added weight of the FMJ's. So far I'm pretty happy with the ACC's although I've only been using this setup for a little over a month now.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Coop, have you tested/thoughts on the Easton Epics (discontinued I know)?

And, since the OP is inquiring about the smaller selection of .300 spine shafts, what are some of the better options out there currently in that spine?

I have a buddy that had a grundle of Epic's stashed away - he loves them. I have personally never used them, but I do trust his opinion. Smoke em' if ya got em'!

I'm a big fan of A/C arrow construction. The aluminum core or jacket normalizes the spine around the shaft (equal stifness in all directions) which makes for a more consistent dozen arrows. I think the four choices discussed above are probably among the very best available - just comes down to personal preferences. I've taken more animals with the A/C/C and FMJ than anything else, but I'm hoping the Injexions will be catching up in a hurry!

Coop

Maxhunter

WKR
Been shooting the FMJ's since they came out on the market. They hit hard and offer plenty of weight per inch. There only a little big bigger than the Injexions in diameter. They cut the wind pretty good in my experience.

jmez

WKR
Another FMJ fan here. The biggest downside to them is that they eat up bag targets. Heavy arrows, that pack a punch, they are hard on stuff. I'm not careful with my arrows at all and find the durability to be good. If you hit something hard that was not meant to be shot with an arrow they break. If a critter rolls on them they break. I haven't had an issue with mine bending, even with my three year old helping pull them from the target.

They cut the wind well that or I just don't notice the wind anymore living in western SD:) I like the weight that they offer, the main reason I switched to them when they came out. They are really easy to remove from targets as an added bonus. All around great hunting arrow at a pretty decent price.

You need to be careful if you cut them yourself that you get them square and would recommend using an ASD on them as well as a chamfer stone. You also need to make sure you fully seat the HIT insert. If you don't build your own don't worry about it. If the ends are not perfectly square you will ruin the end of the arrow in short order.

If I wasn't running an Injexion shaft...I wouldn't use anything other than an ACC. I have used them in everything I have done: Target, 3D and hunting and there isn't a shaft I trust MORE to do all three.

I was talking with a buddy who has done meticulous testing at longer ranges recently, and he is getting the best groups with the Injexions. The only thing he doesn't like about them is it seems the stem of some of the field points are bending a bit, causing them not to spin true. Not sure if anyone else has observed this. I did notice that a few of my Injexion field points don't spin true right out of the box.

OP
Brandon Pattison
I was talking with a buddy who has done meticulous testing at longer ranges recently, and he is getting the best groups with the Injexions. The only thing he doesn't like about them is it seems the stem of some of the field points are bending a bit, causing them not to spin true. Not sure if anyone else has observed this. I did notice that a few of my Injexion field points don't spin true right out of the box.

Does he have any data on the 3 in my test and the Injexions?

I really want to know about these new FMJs Cameron Hanes talked about. I am running out of time. I wonder if 330 Injexions will tune if I cut another inch off.

Thoughts???

Rolo

FNG
I love the ACC Pro Hunters. Stuck a 50 gran insert in them and love them even more. Never had good luck with the FMJs and don't really care for the Axis arrows, for no other reason than I don't, and have AC arrows of some configuration for the past 16 years or so.

Would be interested in trying out the AC Injections, but they don't make them in a 300 spine.