Easton Injections? Good, bad, ugly?

Just out of curiosity, anyone thinking about going to or shooting Easton Carbon injections? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Lawnboi

WKR
Good! I like mine, and will keep using them

Only disadvantage is the lack of head selection. Other than that they are one slick arrow.

vcb

WKR
Like them. Need more head selection though for deep six. X3 about a 300 spine. I really cant add anymore weight up front or I will have a weak spine on the 330's.....

OP
Racethesunset
Sweet, I'm in. I got a few packs of the 400's and the shop is cutting them to spec today. No more reckless 100 yarders for fun. I will post my impressions later. Thanks for the help

theedz

WKR
So let me ask since you guys have them....I shoot the Axis N'Fused and just wondering what is the difference? I obviously believe there is, just don't know what it is.

CaseyU

WKR
They are about half the width or the nfused. Maybe more. Just imagine three toothpicks in your hand. Somewhere around there haha. My buddy started shooting them and at the last shoot i did notice a dif. In the wind from my fmjs to his injections. And i also felt the difference when he shattered one on a metal pig. Ouch :banghead:

ontarget7

WKR
I have been using the Carbon Injexions off and on for about 6 month and so far I am really liking them overall. I feel with my set up they are working really well with my long range groups, so much I am staying with them over the FMJ's. They do have a down fall from my testing but not enough to sway me at this time to stop using them. I have found that through heavy use you might encounter a slight wobble when spinning your arrows. This has nothing to do with the shaft itself. I have spin tested those and the tolerances are staying very tight. The wobble is coming from the fieldpoints and the D6 smaller diameter shank. When shooting hay bales with the black rubber matting behind them and having the arrows penetrate that, has created some wobble in the field points. In comparison shooting the same targets with the standard shanked fieldpoints, the FMJ's showed no sign of wobble. I would recommend carrying some extra fieldpoints with you just in case.
With that said I plan on still using them this year due to the small diameter thick wall construction. I find them overall a very tough shaft with very tight tolerance. Definitely tighter tolerances than similar shafts in that diameter for hunting.

Lawnboi

WKR

Here are 3 shafts. One is a 400 injexion, next is a 400 axis, and lastly is a standard size 's' arrow (pse raidial x weave)

I used axis. I believe the injexions are superior, thicker wall, skinnier, seem tougher. I like the g nocks over the X nocks. I have shot them quite bet and have not had any wobble out of any of them.

OP
Racethesunset
First time out with the injection 400s today, and they are awesome. A few more inches of penetration at every distance on target, noticeable at the longer ranges especially. It was very windy today in the valley, and my groups stayed tight - might chalk that up to concentration since there is little more on the line when the arrow costs double! :) Their trajectory is a little different than the CE 240's I was shooting before; a bigger drop between 40 and 60 pins, a little flatter between 60 and 80 pins for some reason. Don't look too much into this, it was very windy. Will know more tomorrow. Thanks again for the help.

I love mine!! Ramcat (my go to head) is offered in them so what more do I need :) I am stoked about the new RAGE HYPODERMIC!!! And i never thought that I would ever say that about a RAGE!!

vcb

WKR
I'm tempted to go back to my axis so I can shoot the broadheads I like. Maybe pull the injextions back into the mix once more companies make deep 6. Called slick trick today and she said no plans for deep 6. Also called trophy taker about ulmers and they said it would be late summer before ulmer deep 6 were available. Axis and slicks are a hard ticket to beat

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You can use the VAP Penetrator2 Gold insert/outsert with the Injexion 330 spine arrows and shoot any broadhead. They fit my A/C Injexions perfectly. I absolutely love these shafts - extremely straight with perfect spine around the shaft (SAS). Very accurate and consistent - great in the wind and noteworthy penetration gains in every target I've shot into over standard diameters. This is a high-grade target arrow made heavier for hunting. It uses the same core tube as the A/C/E shafts - which on another note - if you want to rock a super lightweight Injexion you could run A/C/E's with Injexion inserts and broadheads. You could get .370's and cut the back end about 3" shorter to stiffen them up to about .330 spine (The A/C/E is a barreled shaft - it's ground to a smaller diameter at the front and back to maximize stiffness and improve aerodynamics). A/C/E's wouldn't be as durable, but just a fun fact that might interest a few people. On the flip side, A/C/E glue in componenents like target points will fit the Injexion if you wanted to use them for a field archery arrow.

The UGLY part is the factory wrap - just cut them off and refletch. The factory wrap is brittle and too heavy. I don't remember the exact numbers (I wrote a review for Eastmans' Bowhunting) with some more info.

Coop