Easton ProComp Hunting Series

Crschnei

FNG
Has anyone run these arrows for hunting? I picked up some of the 6.5mm Hunter Classics and GPI is the same. Thinking about picking some up to hunt with as I could get my arrow weight to be exact between target and hunting arrows. Also like the idea of better penetration with the micro-diameter arrow. Any feedback or thoughts appreciated

Zac

WKR
I can't imagine the weight is the same between those shafts. There is alot of factors to consider with micros. Do you want to run Deep 6, or are you comfortable shelling out another 80 to 100 dollars for the titanium half outs after spending 200 on the dozen shafts

Zac

WKR
This is the Procomp with the addition of a 250 spine. Components are the weak link of micros. Half outs put way too much leverage on the shaft. Deep 6 are more fragile and difficult to find. Only way I'd run this as a hunting setup is if I was using the glue in Thorn Broadhead. That is the answer for micro diameter shafts. Hopefully more manufacturers follow that design. On a side note, glue in shafts is the only time I would ever utilize clocking.

If the procomp arrows are smaller diameter it's not going to matter if they weigh the same. They will sit lower in your rest and have a different point of impact.

OP
C

Crschnei

FNG
If the procomp arrows are smaller diameter it's not going to matter if they weigh the same. They will sit lower in your rest and have a different point of impact.

That’s a great point and something I hadn’t considered. I may end up switching out of my 6.5’s as it severely limits my options. Looks like I’ll probably pick up some FMJ’s or Axis.

If you are looking for something cheap to practice with and better arrows to hunt with buy the same arrows but straighter. Several companies do this, Easton has match grade, Gold Tip has pro series, Black eagle offers their arrows in .003 and .001 tolerance they just don't call them anything different. I'm sure several other companies do the same thing.

Tune with the arrows you will hunt with, then practice with something of lesser straightness. Saves you 20-30$ a dozen depending on what your using. I don't think swapping between different arrows will help you much, but you can find cheaper versions of high quality.