Easy On/Off Sitka hoody?

Switch to exclusively Sitka over the last year or two. Have lots of garments. I do a ton of Waterfowl also. Looking for a hoody to basically knock around in that is easier on/off. Have several Core Heavyweight. Kinda a pain over clothing. Great insulator. Anything in their line less "Grippy" on the interior? Never owned a Traverse. And waterfowl Gradient checks many boxes. Camo pattern not really a factor.

I love my fanatic hoody. I wear it more for everyday type stuff more often than hunting

Roughout

FNG
Traverse cold weather hoody or camp hoody. Wear each in solids regularly. Campy hoody is substantially lighter but I believe has wool blend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I ha e the fanatic hoody and hate it, that stupid face mask thing always hooks over my head and every time I put it on I have to roll up the sleeves because of those dumb built in mitten things. If not for those 2 issues it would probably be my favorite piece of gear.

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
Does the fanatic fit loose or athletic?

to me the fanatic hoodie is more relaxed fit than the core base layers. I not a big fan of the mittens ,But i like the other features so much I be adding it to my system . being they changed for 2019 you can find the 2018's for under a 100 buck

I also like the equinox hoodie, But this is more like a light jacket. the full zip is nice , But its more of a outer layer

I typically wear either Large or X Large and went with the XL. The chest and stomach area is loose for me, but the forearms are a little tight.
Does the fanatic fit loose or athletic?

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
What did they change? I don't see the new version on the website, only the older one thats on sale.
It supposed to be better wicking material and the inside of hood will be printed camo, They changed all the core base layers also its the same material. will be on website first of July. scheels has the old version in black for $99. I have some of the new core stuff in supalpine. I do feel its a improvement , but anything new in elevated ll will not be available to July .

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I am a waterfowl nut and I love my Gradient Hoody it is amazing as well as my Dakota Hoody now with the Dakota Hoody it is water resistant and as well as fully wind proof so I do like that but if I don't need the thicker and all the extras just a hoody to throw on early season and even later season under my big jackets I run my Gradient Hoody. Definitely look into it they are amazing I will put a link in so you can see the two different ones. Hopefully this helps you out let me know if you have any questions on them.

Switch to exclusively Sitka over the last year or two. Have lots of garments. I do a ton of Waterfowl also. Looking for a hoody to basically knock around in that is easier on/off. Have several Core Heavyweight. Kinda a pain over clothing. Great insulator. Anything in their line less "Grippy" on the interior? Never owned a Traverse. And waterfowl Gradient checks many boxes. Camo pattern not really a factor.

OP
J
Also a Die Hard Duck hunter. Had the Dakota for a few years. It goes just about every hunt and most times that is all that goes. The Dakota (to me) is a direct match for the Cold Weather Hoody. Same berber and build.

The Gradient......I am not sure it's ever been in stock? Will look into it.

T28w

WKR
Hey guys
Did a search for Dakota hoody and this thread came up and just wanted to see if anyone knows if Sitka is discontinuing the Dakota hoody or making changes as it has been unavailable on their website for a while

Also how is the fit?

Trial153

WKR
Believe it or not the sitka logo hoody will fit the bill. Its high quality matieral is easy on and off over a tee shirt or base layer. I wear it quite a bit.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys
Did a search for Dakota hoody and this thread came up and just wanted to see if anyone knows if Sitka is discontinuing the Dakota hoody or making changes as it has been unavailable on their website for a while

Also how is the fit?

The Dakota Hoody has been redesigned for 2019. We just released the info Saturday. Pre-orders will ship second week of July.

T28w

WKR
The Dakota Hoody has been redesigned for 2019. We just released the info Saturday. Pre-orders will ship second week of July.

How is the fit on this piece. I wear large in the heavy weight core pieces because the medium was to tight in my pits. I tried on a Stormfront jacket and the medium fit. A large cloudburst jacket fits good but sleeves are a little long.

I would just be wearing a lighter base under it

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How is the fit on this piece. I wear large in the heavy weight core pieces because the medium was to tight in my pits. I tried on a Stormfront jacket and the medium fit. A large cloudburst jacket fits good but sleeves are a little long.

I would just be wearing a lighter base under it

I would go with the Large Dakota Hoody in your scenario. Exchanges are free if you end up needing a Medium though.