Easy place to comment on wolf delisting

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
This week, three public hearings on the proposed national wolf delisting will be held across the country. The first hearing will be held tonight in Washington D.C. On Wednesday a second hearing will be held in Sacramento, California. On Friday a third hearing will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico. These hearings are being held by US Fish and Wildlife Service as part of the public comment period.

Concerns have been raised that 2 of the 3 hearings will be held in states that are not faced with expansion of wolves in the near future. Big Game Forever will have a representative at each of the hearings to support efforts to restore state management authority over wolves and to protect wild game populations.

We encourage American sportsmen and livestock producers to submit comments in support of state management of wolves. You can send a message in support of wolf delisting at http://capwiz.com/biggameforever/issues/alert/?alertid=62830341&PROCESS=Take+Action The comment period has been extended to Oct. 28th, 2013.

Here is when and where this week’s public meetings will be held.

Washington, DC.
September 30, 2013, from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
Department of the Interior, Auditorium, 1849 C Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20240; (202) 208-3100

Sacramento, California
October 2, 2013, from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
Clarion Inn, Martinique Ball Room, 1401 Arden Way, Sacramento, CA 95815; (916) 922-8041 

Albuquerque, New Mexico
October 4, 2013, from 6 to 9 p.m.
Embassy Suites, Sandia Room, 1000 Woodward Place NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102; (505) 245-7100

For more information on the public comment period and public meetings visit: http://www.fws.gov/news/ShowNews.cfm?ID=E9DD0F28-E88C-946A-AA694B1DB07C401D

Thank you for your support,

--
Ryan Benson
http://biggameforever.org/
[email protected]

wapitibob

WKR
"Please note that submissions merely stating support for or opposition to the action under consideration without providing supporting information, although noted, will not be considered in making a determination."

Nothing but a circle jerk.

jsparky93

FNG
I was just in an online debate about wolves & the intelligence or lack of education of the people opposing de listing is pathetic. One person stated that wolves only eat rodent's & that coyotes are killing ranchers cattle.

Shrek

WKR
Sierra Club and the like are trying desperately to hang on to their star fundraiser. My pos father lived with me for a while and it turns out he was a member. I still get the fundraising and renewal letters and a picture of a wolf has been on just about every one of them. To read their letters you would think there is only a handful of wolves in the whole world and they are just irrationally feared lap dogs. To read their letter you would believe that mean spirited hunters and ranchers are slaughtering them wholesale and the last of the noble wolves will be extinct within days if they are not listed. It's all propaganda full of lies and omissions of fact. They prey on weak minded intellectually lazy people. Even a cursory google search and the slightest bit of critical thinking would expose the truth but their supporters have drank the coolaid and are blind to anything that doesn't support the faith.

Vandal 44

WKR
I love how they have the public hearings in states and city where there are no wolves or very few. I think these public hearings should be held in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado. just my 2 cents

Shrek

WKR
apyry7es.jpg
6emadeda.jpg
ta8u9uqa.jpg
I got another packet of pure BS from the Sierra Club Friday. There is lie after lie in the letter. Since when is poison allowed ? I haven't heard of the unlimited wolf hunts have you ? Without their help the California bighorn sheep is a goner ...really ? I guess all that money being raised by hunters is just being spent to wipe out those Bighorn pest. Did you know that Grizzly bears are declining in the lower 48... hey Ryan , how many of those sweet lovable mild mannered yogies did you see in that little pocket you are moose hunting in ? The Florida Panther is hanging on by a thread and the government is writing them off. But but ...I might know of a couple that have been shot in Georgia in a guys pig pen after the game warden told him that there were no cats in Georgia and the guy who was convicted of killing one in central Georgia or the one hit by a car in Connecticut. Btw , there is no such thing as a Florida panther. They are just cougars that are in an isolated population. Without a dna test you can't tell them apart and with them using Texas cougars to breed with them you can't separate them at all most of the time. The only real definition is where they are.