Easy Resizing Hornady FPB

cowboy300

WKR
Found a simple and fast way to resize Hornady FPB bullets that were always a bit of a bitch to load in my tight barreled CVAs. Just got this Lee .501 sizing die for cast bullets and ran the FPBs through it and now they load real nice. Sizes them down and doesnt mark up the bullets and way easier than pushing every one through your barrel beforehand.

https://leeprecision.com/new-lube-size-kit-.501.html

ENCORE

WKR
Glad that worked for you. However, bore diameter differs so much in production rifles, even of the same make, that an adjustable .50cal sizing die might be the better choice for the masses.
Also, different bullets, even in the same bore, may require a different sizing.

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Okay adjustable 50cal resizing die, I looked where do you find one?
This year Oregon has lessened there resection some on bullet choice ,I can now use this bullet if I want just need to pull the polymer tip.

ENCORE

WKR
Okay adjustable 50cal resizing die, I looked where do you find one?
This year Oregon has lessened there resection some on bullet choice ,I can now use this bullet if I want just need to pull the polymer tip.

You can get them from Arrowhead Rifles... https://www.arrowheadrifles.com/product/swing-lock-adjustable-smooth-sizing-die/

The dies are made by Swinglock. These are excellent adjustable resizing dies, with marks for reference. Determine which loading force shoots the most accurate. Note that different bullets may need a different setting for excellent accuracy. You might want to try a veggie wad … .518" x .060

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Fortunate for me .501 is what my Ultra Lite barrel is ,, For the money Lee's will work good for me. Thank you for sharing the link.

pnw

Lil-Rokslider
cowboy300 when using the lee .501 sizer with the fpbs do they spring back any over the .501 after sizing ?